Tuesday, December 11, 2012

One for Tamarah....Just keepin' it real for the rest of yah...



for "everyone" else... the REST of the story...

These are the things I call Tamarah about because it helps both of us get through those dark times... literally. Like when we are up at 1, 2, and 3AM...only to be up for the DAY before 5... you know... all times of the day that it is DARK.

On Monday I had emailed Husband to see if he was game for a family trip to the LOCAL (and by local I mean 10 min. from the Mouse House) grocery store. He was (he's always up for groceries :) and we all packed up and headed... note to the story... HUSBAND changed Miss B's poopy pants RIGHT before we left...

When we got to the store she had just woken up from a nap, eaten, (been changed) and I figured she'd like to be out of her car seat and just carried through the store. It gave big sister a seat in a buggy and I figured I could hold her since I had help to hunt and gather.

We no sooner hit the produce section that the little gem in my hands started tooting... we hit the bananas and it was MORE than tooting. I looked down just as her PANTS started DRIPPING. No joke.

I looked up at Husband, and as I do in situations like this... got a SERIOUS case of the "church giggles". You know the ones you can't control that make tears come out of your eyes while you are trying to be quiet and not breathe!? Praying that you are not drawing attention to your family of four while the 3 year old hollers "WHAT'S WRONG MOM?!!?!?!"

He reaches into his pocket and tries to hand me the keys... uh... NO. I just GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE. I'M NOT GOING out to change her... so he says... I'll go get some wipes. At this point I think he's headed for the car to get the diaper bag...

meanwhile... I hold little miss squishy pants and push the buggy one handed to... the FREE cookies of course. It's the reason EVERYONE (under 12) in my house goes to local grocery store. Grab some napkins to hold under her bottom and Husband meets me there... empty handed. I, of course ask, where's the bag? His response... I didn't go to the car, just to see if they had any of those cleaning wipes so you can wipe off... oh... my JEANS AND SHOES HAD SPLATTER MARKS ON THEM....I had no idea she'd HIT ME AS WELL....

Another round of "church giggles" and we continue through the store... he and the buggy head one way and I meander over near the meat department... poopy pants... starts another ROUND...

AT THE SAME TIME a lady in the meat section looks at the ADORABLE baby in my poop covered napkin hands and does the ol' "awwww"... I hold back from saying "you wanna hold her?" :)

Two isles later and Miss B's done with her business AND done with sitting in it... so I take the keys and head for the back of the "Scooby".

and then it hits me....

Girlfriend went through THREE outfits on Sunday and I never REFILLED THE BAG WITH CLOTHES....

sure enough she was almost head to toe with pooh so I stripped her down, threw on the ONE onesie (thank GOODNESS it was long sleeved) that I had left in the bag, hauled her cozy Life is Good socks up to her knees, put her jacket back on and tucked her blanket around her in her car seat for the ride home.

She promptly fell asleep.

just keepin' it real people and livin' the dream...

3 comments:

~ Laurie said...

Eliza used to do that...ALL the time. Except it would come out the arms of sleeves.

capener said...

HEHEHE.. I sort of kind of miss those days! :) LOL

Anonymous said...

You would DO it just before leaving for church. striped in the tub,shower,and left the clothes.and ya it was under your arms too. cd