Thursday, December 13, 2012

T Family Christmas 2012

A little behind on the weekend festivities but to be honest... I have too much swirling around in my head regarding this post...

My uncle is dying...

the one in the blue shirt.

He has the end stages of ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease...

and he's my favorite.
We all got together as we typically do near the first of December. The group has grown, the next generation getting married, people having babies... cousins STEALING babies....

My uncle's gorgeous wife...the one he's been with since high school. His best friend in the whole world.
Husband's FAVORITE part of the T Family Christmas... my two tall hot blond cousins...:)

and my uncle's daughters...

Minnie's favorite part... hanging with HER cousins

It was a time of visiting, eating, laughing...

getting crazy for the 3rd generation in a very small room...

stories told....

siblings snuggling

cousins/in laws



and if you've never seen two grown men hold each other and weep... it is the most heart wrenching, saddest, most beautiful, horrible, awful, sweet thing...

ever.
My Uncle was the quarterback... he married the cheerleader. They have three GORGEOUS kids. Two beautiful grandbabies... and Jesus.

To be honest... I don't know how they'd even survive one DAY of this nasty disease without Him. My Uncle will go to meet his Saviour, and at this point it looks like sooner than the rest of us... but you know what... you just don't know.

The beauty of the dark is this... He will NOT forsake us.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Powerful, Julia!!! And, of course, the tears came.....
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that song and I've wanted to let Mike hear it, so he did this morning!!! "Not for a moment..."

Deanne said...

Beautiful pics; thanks for sharing. I think of K often and wonder how his disease is progressing. ALS stole Jon's dad from us, so I pray for that family often with a a special understanding. ALS sucks.

Mama H said...

Amanzing song....it's one of my favorites as well. :)

Beautiful family...beautiful pictures!

And did I spy Jen wearing PURPLE? I love it...

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my precious girl.

capener said...

Great pictures and a great testament of LOVE.. Lost a cousin to that ugly disease.... God Bless your family!