Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Home...

Me... not Husband yet... but a quick update:

The doctor felt really good about the surgery. She did an U/S on his liver while she was in there and saw no signs of cancer so she did not have to "take" any part of his liver. HIP HIP HOOORRAAYYY!

We'll know about the lymph nodes when the complete pathology report comes back on Friday/Monday-ish.

He's healing well and is a "star" patient ~ but he's super tired and sore. Prayers would definitely be for continued healing, pain management and doing all the things on his "checklist" so that plugs and wires can be removed all the while TRYING to get some rest (IMPOSSIBLE in the hospital right?)

The diabetic nursing mom of a 6 month and mother of a 3 year old Daddy's girl...is having a tough go.

Minnie had a breakdown today which "forced" me to leave Husband's side with Miss B and come home to just BE with my girls. Husband was on board but it is still breaking my heart.
1) because I'm not right there supporting him and 2) because Minnie KNOWS that things are not "normal" and I think she's 'bout done with getting shuffled all over the place ~ Her Daddy is not at home with her and her Mama keeps coming in and out....We're goin' on a week now of something different everyday

And lest you think that Miss B is always a walk in the park... she had her OWN version of a freak out session and STARVING girl would.not.eat. Pretty sure the entire floor heard her screaming like her mother was trying to FORCE something on her... oh...I dunno... like FOOD.

Quiet time at home was good for them tonight... I guess as the "adult" I'm the one that has to pull it together and adapt. Tomorrow is a new day with a different plan.

Husband IS doing well. My girls WILL never remember this. I THINK I'll make it.

Though it's a little touch and go there sometimes.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Good report!!! Good rest for you to be at home too! I know the torn feeling.

Mama H said...

Great news!

Keep your head up, Sweetie...this too shall pass. :)

Lots of LOVE from the H Family! XOXOXO

Momma S said...

Thank you for the check in. You can't be everywhere at once, but you can be where God leads you to be, He will show you when and where. You can't be everything for everyone, and here and there at the same time. But... HE can and HE is! Still lifting you all up in prayer. Hang in there darlin'!

~*~Heather~*~ said...

Ditto to the above comments! I couldn't have said it better, Momma S. Lots of love and prayers from down the road.