Monday, March 4, 2013

This is the day... and what Minnie knows....

The day the LORD has MADE and the day Husband will have 1/2 his colon removed and prayerfully ALL the evil cancer that has invaded his body....

HE will sustain us... HE has already had HIS hand in everything from FINDING the cancer through Husband's kidney stone journey, to having SURGERY 2 days before he was even supposed to have a CONSULT, to the part where the "Best of the Best" surgeon is actually headed out of town just two days after she does the surgery. We got in just.in.time. God's time.

Specific prayer requests would be:
  • obviously that the Dr. would GET.IT.ALL. That she would be successful in taking whatever she needs to in order to have Husband heal cancer free.
  • recovery would go smooth and well and quick ~ no infections, no complications
  • he would have no adverse effects to any medications in the hospital
For those that may be around my girl... Minnie knows that Daddy has a boo-boo in his belly (she's known this since July with all the kidney stone appts :) and that a Dr. is going to take OUT the boo-boo at the "big building". She knows that Daddy is going to have to stay up there like Mommy did when baby sister came out of my belly and she knows she will be spending the day with "Yiz". Other than that... she doesn't need to know anything. We try to protect her as much as possible from tears, saddness and the unknown. What she needs is truth. (Don't we all?) Daddy has a boo-boo. Yiz is taking care of her. Mommy will be home with her at night. She gets to see Daddy on Tuesday in the "big building".

Specific prayer requests for Minnie:
  • that she feels peace and is comfortable no matter where she is
  • that she sleeps well at night and any time I can get her to have a nap during the day over the next week
  • that she eats well (she tends to not eat when there is "other stuff" fun or otherwise going on)
  • that she stays healthy... Momma S ~ you wanna take over praying a hedge of protection over my family and their health? :)
  • that she sees the hand of God in this situation through us and those that we have surrounded ourselves with
And a LITTLE bit into my heart... :) As much as I share on the blog we are still a pretty private family....

Specific prayer requests from me...
  • I will keep a clear head in talking with the doctors
  • I can figure out when I need to be right next to Husband and when I need to be with my girls
  • That Miss B will adjust to being out and about and to others holding her if I'm not right available (she is a Momma's girl)
Scripture we are clinging to: Isaiah 43:1b-2  Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

Thanks in advance for the prayers today and over the past week and for the next few days. We couldn't have done it without them.

2 comments:

~ Laurie said...

We will be praying ALL of these things for you!

Momma S said...

I haven't stopped praying. I will add these specific prayers and the Hedge of Protection for a healthy Minnie I'm-on-It!

Glory posted on fb
"Pray unceasingly, fervently and expectantly!!! "

So many of us are unceasingly, fervently and expectanly praying.
Especially at 1:00 today, when I will find a quite spot and hit my knees for a bit. I'm sure that there will be many friends and family joining me from near and far.

LOVE & Prayers, followed by Prayers, and more prayers! xxooo