Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Family Update

I received a sweet note IN.THE.MAIL. (please read THE.MAIL.) as in USPS...as in someone took the time to WRITE ME A NOTE, PUT A STAMP ON IT AND PUT IT IN.THE.MAIL.

She was sending me something for Miss B which was amazing and included a note asking about my health. Sweet girl.

Then I started thinking that there has been just STUFF in our family that I wanted to update...

Husband: Husband is doing well.. .golf is over and he got a raging case of what they assume was shingles. I say raging but really... he is... well HUSBAND and handles everything with no complaints and keeps moving forward. The initial diagnosis was either.... West Nile Virus OR shingles... fun. He is since on the mend with some meds and did he miss any work... no. :) Hunting season has begun... or at least it will be by the time I post this message and he is telling me he is "taggin' out early"... I say... "we'll see" look forward to it. He's debating about getting Minnie a lifetime fishing license or hunting and fishing...these are big deals in this house... He has an oncology appointment this month that will include CAT scan results and we both just pray that he doesn't "light up like a Christmas tree". No indication that he would but always in the back of our minds... He's just so STINKIN' cute! Especially when he is baby borrowing ;)

Minnie: Minnie has, dare I say, adjusted to school. She loves it and by all indications is doing well. Her favorite things are music, gym, recess and lunch :) My gal for sure! She has a great class and a sweet teacher. I was able to volunteer for the first time this week and it was fun getting to know everyone. She still gets a little emotional when I have to leave the class or come Monday morning but she is really doing awesome. We battle almost DAILY about clothes and it is EXHAUSTING (for me!) She is all about writing in the den (playroom) on any paper she can find and drawing pictures for every member of the family. She has recently come up with a new game for the woods called "jump dry land" :) and LOVES taking her dog, Dad and sister along for the adventure through the swamp. I wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING in the world!
 
Miss B: She has full on come into her own and she owns me. She says things like "Hey Mom! Guess what?!!? I love you." She will wear pretty much anything I ask her to and looks adorable almost all the time... except maybe when she is pitching a fit. She LOVES a road trip and being with her dog at home :) If it involves outside with her Daddy... even better! She too loves hanging out in the den doing all kinds of marker coloring and is over the top OBSESSED with Paw Patrol. I mean OBSESSED! She has my number for sure.
 
Defense: Still eats everything. Bulbs, fingers off Husband's favorite hunting gloves, mice, rocks. Whatever. He loves everyone and especially Miss B. He will run beside her while she drives her battery operated Jeep or Truck until the battery dies. He loves to lay outside on the deck and be wherever Husband is. He LOVES to run through the woods while Husband and the gals are out walking, and most recently has decided he loves to run to the neighbors house. Most days I still question our decision to get another dog but he has come a long way and everyone assures me he is getting better and is still a puppy... He is almost 8 months old and weighs about 80+lbs... already.
Photo courtesy Dawsky Photography
CountryMouse: I have been adjusting to our new normal with school days. My pain has been constant. Sleep is where I can find some relief until I have to move to roll over or something. My wrists, feet, and chest bone are the worst. Next steps are making an appointment with an alternative therapy doc and a follow-up with my PCP but I don't have anything on the books yet. Started a new Bible study... Our upstairs master bath will be my next project as all the paint is peeling off in sheets (remember I just did that A YEAR AGO!?!?) So I have been fighting to get a refund from the paint company. Enjoying our Co-Op group on Fridays and trying to figure out if Moms In Prayer is still part of our schedule. I find myself missing the days with Siena and the crew that has also made the "school" transition, but I remind myself how blessed I am with this stage right now...
Photo courtesy Dawsky Photography
 

No comments: