Saturday, August 13, 2016

27 Hours: World's SHORTEST Vacation

On Monday.... after a Friday where Husband had surgery (lithotripsy for kidney stones) and a weekend spent with cousins (another blog post)... we headed out for our MUCH anticipated FAMILY vacation in my FAVORITE place on earth... Rangeley. I'm starting to figure out though that our trips here, although we love it, don't always go so well... maybe we I a need a new favorite place on earth?

We were given a week at a cabin from a co-worker of Husband... she was so generous to gift it to us and it was the PERFECT fit for our family... a loft for the girls, a dog pen for the pooch and just the coziest spot in our favorite place. Miss B has never BEEN to this "neck of the woods" before and I'm pretty sure she'll never forget her first visit....

We spent our first "official" day on Mooselook per MY request... I have never been on this lake in all our times up to the area... I'm a HAPPY girl...

the lake is FREEZING as we tool across (per the girl's request a full speed ahead) but warms up as we hit Bald Mountain where Husband wants to fish...


and then we get our first "hit"

Miss B is ALL about it until it actually COMES out of the water and she high tails it for the other side of the boat... ;)

this...is... my.. .fisher.....girl.....

this... is... my... animal....lover ;)

next fish.....

and funniest pic of our 27 hours....

me.happy.family.lake.boat.snacks.

girl....before it all went down....

She actually fell asleep after we made a trip through town to hit the grocery store and see Main street... Minnie and Husband went on a bike ride to check out the lake access from the camp and I "tried" to wake up the "baby"....she was having none of it and I was thinking about 4 years prior when she was all snuggled into me....

Had a nice chicken dinner all together and the gals roasted marshmallows while I cleaned up dishes and chatted to CountryMum on the phone... and then it all went DOWN HILL.... literally.....

No comments: