Saturday, March 21, 2020

Time

I let the blog go for a few different reasons... some maybe I'm not even aware of... but starting a full time job... losing SIL Bets... loss of life as I knew it (staying home for 8 years... thank you HUSBAND for that gift)
I'm not sure that I will keep up with it quite like I did "back then" but I have HEARD the few that have come to me personally lately about bringing back the blog... and what an encouragement you all were to me....and I got STUFF TO SAY... ;) So here goes....

We are all STUCK during this COVID-19... they don't want us to leave our homes, our families, our tiny spaces so that we are all "safe"...school from home.. work from home... leaving only for groceries and Rx's....

People... I have DONE this... I have hunkered... I have quarantined.... I have done it unpaid.... and here it is in a nutshell.... time.. is INVALUABLE. There is NOTHING that can replace time... there is no PRICE that can be put on TIME SPENT with family, with those you chose (or who chose you)... did I realize it then? Most DEFINITELY NOT.... but I do feel like I am in a minority who knows how to chill at home and ENJOY the people around me. Course that being said... I'M STILL GOING TO WORK! :) Hahahahahaha the irony.

It is SUPER scary... I have had to shift my thinking DAILY.... sometimes minute by minute to things that are true, pure, praiseworthy, lovely, noble, right (Phil 4:8) I am walking around with not 1 but TWO auto-immune diseases... last week I skipped my Enbrel shot which shuts DOWN my immune system so that I am not in so much pain but I HAD to take it this week to function... it makes me more susceptible to anything out there but my joints just could NOT take another week off... and I have to trust... trust that my limited interaction with people (work, immediate family) is enough... that washing my hands until they bleed and sending Husband to the store for necessities is being wise... "Zoom" pizza parties with friends so that our kids are still having "fun"....and we can still chat with our buds...



And since no one has shut down OUTSIDE yet... we are covering our neighbors tar driveways in the chalk we've had in the basement for years.... ;) 


Maybe I'll be back tomorrow with a view from our church from home... stay tuned....;)