Monday, June 29, 2020

The Weekend Report

On Friday Husband and the other guys on the road had 9 loads of material brought in to try and fix our dirt road... (sing it with me "I'm from the country and I like it that way... " :) 

He and one of our neighbors were out that are 7:30 and I don't think he came home (other than lunch) until about 4PM... that's a full days work right there.... 

and this girl didn't miss ANY of it... she was down there the WHOLE day with the landscape rake, hanging out, doing whatever needed to be done and chatting it up with the delivery guy every time he came back from the pit ;) 


On Saturday... Husband and I went for a walk and when we got home I jumped RIGHT into this project... the boat has been something I have wanted to tackle (pun totally intended) for a while and what better time than a cloudy 70ish degree day? 
Before shots:




Don't let the picture fool you... they lasted about 20 minutes....

5 hours later (including the lunch break ;)



Still some improvements to make but Husband and I are planning on hitting the big city on Monday so he can get the stuff to fill the chips and I am going to see about replacement cushions for the seats...

Meags got a new car so on the way home she swung by to show us... quick impromptu story hour ;) My big girl loves that little one next to her....


Sunday was church and a quick dip in Aunt Nancy and "Bob's" pool... great weekend!


No comments: