Sunday, January 2, 2011

The past couple of weeks... and hello 2011


So... this will be a lot of talk and not a lot of pics. For those that ONLY come for the pics... you can stop now. Sorry. Still no PC. Still using Husband's laptop which he told me tonight... "Say goodbye..." He goes back to school tomorrow, therefore, so does the laptop. Sniff, sniff. About Husband back and school AND the laptop.

The girl is going to be in for a RUDE awakening since she has most def. only deepened her relationship with that Daddy of hers and has fallen more and more in love with him these past couple of weeks. I didn't think it possible but I watched the whole thing go down. She wakes UP calling for him "DA-DAAAAAA, DA-DA? DAAAADAAAAAA" :)

So, what's been going on the past couple of weeks here in the Mouse House? I don't want to forget anything and this mind of mine has been getting worse and worse (I blame it on all the Sweet 'n Low I eat :) so.... I blog.

The last time we hung out with our sweet friends J.T. and Dani was 12/16... two days later Dani ended up in the ER with a high fever that then produced a seizure. Talk about scaring her parents to DEATH... We miss them like crazy and will be so glad when all the sickies leave their house... they followed up this fever thing with a nasty case of the flu which has seemed to rip through their entire condo building... sad. Minnie misses her friend and spends a lot of time on her new cellphone she got from Auntie for Christmas trying to "talk" to Dani....

Saturday the 18th we went to my favorite Aunt and Uncle's for our annual CountryMum's side of the family "Christmas". There were a lot of people in a small space and I think that makes it the most fun sometimes. My Favorite Uncle is not doing well... he has ALS and I haven't seen him in a really long time. It was a tough thing to do but isn't it always the case... when you do something for someone else, like just going to see them, you are blessed far more than you could have imagined? It was the first time that he and my Aunt had met Minnie and when we left he said in his slurred speech...."She IS beautiful, but she's not as pretty as you." Nothing like making me sob all the way home.

The following week we had the appointment with the eye surgeon ~ when Husband and I got to the appt we were a bit early (we had planned for Minnie to have her AM nap in the truck) and I was a WRECK. I asked Husband to pray and wouldn't you know the SECOND he said "Amen" Chris Tomlin's "How great is OUR God" came on the radio at the very moment. I love that there is no coincidence with our God. We had been praying specifically that we would be a "waste of time" for the doctor. The nurse came in and did an initial exam
and I asked her... did you see it? Did you see anything??" She said "no." She hadn't seen what the Ped had but that the doctor wanted to dilate her eyes so we could really get a full exam in... I had heard that this was NOT a good time and having had my eyes dilated before myself I knew it was a bit achy and uncomfortable and not REALLY something I wanted my baby to have to go through... but of course... as is Minnie... she is tougher than the average bear and handled it like a CHAMP. Walking through the waiting room while we waited for them to dilate, talking to strangers and trying to get them to let her use their phones. The girl is a BIT obsessed with phones :) The doctor took us in... gave her the full exam and said... "I don't see it? I can't reproduce it today and I think she is just fine. If you guys ever have any questions or concerns in the future feel free to bring her back in but I think you are all set." WHOOPPPIEEEEE WE WERE IN MY MIND... A WASTE OF HIS TIME. Specific answered prayer.

We celebrated with coupons at McDonald's where Minnie ate french fries and hollered "AAAA-MEN" when Husband finished saying Grace. A good day indeed.

Christmas was a whirlwind as usual but a great day. We spend the AM at the CountryRents where my party animal girl would not nap and the afternoon at MIL's where she cried herself to sleep and then proceeded to take a 30 min. nap. AH well. She was great regardless and loved all the chaos and excitement. She was so happy to be with all her cousins throughout the day.

The very next day we woke bright and early and headed NORTH in a car with no heat to H.B.'s so that her Hubby and Husband could do the brakes and get me some HEAT! :) How's this SAHM supposed to get to TARGET in 10 degree weather with a baby and NO HEAT? :) H.B. and I played with the kids, entertained my girl who would STILL not nap some place other than her home and of course... took them all to Target to distract them. Good times. Of course there was the BLIZZARD of 2010 that we drove home in but that was minor. My Husband is a FANTASTIC driver and we made it home virtually effortlessly. Thanks to H.B. and her "wrenchin' man" for his free labor and my new car. :)

This past week was fairly low-key. We spent a lot of time at home, putting away the Christmas loot and just enjoying time together as a family. Minnie caught up SOME on
her sleep and we just had a blast together. On Thursday.... it was CountryDad's LAST DAY OF WORK. No, no, don't worry I really am NOT old enough to have PARENTS that are "retired". Weird. But... we surprised him by inviting some of his closest friends over to have a meal and laugh together and I think it was a nice night. One of my favorite parts was picking up the kitchen with just the CountryRents here and one of their friends... I picked up a big yellow rubber ball that was in the middle of my kitchen, walked passed Husband and said "I love that our house is fun enough to have a big yellow rubber ball in the middle of the kitchen" He winked and it makes me happy that my home is lived in, played in and we have FUN in it. That's what I want Minnie to grow up with.

We had "Big" plans to spend New Year's Eve with J.T. and her family but the nasty flu bug kept us apart. We switched it up though and had L&L, the kiddies and MIL over for chinese food and a rousing game of Apples to Apples. I was in bed by 9:30. Wild I tell yah.

Yesterday I read a book. The whole thing. Seriously. Started it when I woke up, still managed to pick up the house, take the girl ice fishing with her Daddy, and eat dinner with the L&L crew but I read the whole thing. You should too. Warning: you WILL sob through most of the book. I'm just lettin' you know.
It's kinda weird when you are married to a school teacher/coach and how time is measured. Of course we go by the school calendar mainly ~ it's all about looking forward to Summer Break but January 1st does seem like a chance for new opportunities doesn't it? I'm not into the whole New Year's Resolution biz but I am into kissing my Husband more, laughing with my girl more, enjoying the outside more, spending more time in my Bible, entertaining in my home, and living more "intentionally".

Who knows when the next blog will be but I DO soooo miss it and hope to be back at it soon.

1 comment:

Mama H said...

Yelling AAAAAmen in McDonald's is my new favorite story...hahaha