Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Good-Bye FB, Hello Summer

A few weeks ago a "Friend" of mine did a blog post about her convictions for the summer. Computer-less. No F@ceb00k, no computer. Less tech, more time. Impressive.

She, in a nutshell, was feeling very convicted to just focus on her kids that would be home for the summer. Make eye contact, not get distracted for "just a second" (or 20 minutes).

I read her blog post and did a shrug. I don't need to get rid of FB for the summer. I LOVE being able to post impromptu dates at the park, or say something random that gets people to comment. I love seeing pictures of weddings, kids and pets.

BUT.....then I REALLY started thinking about it. I myself, indirectly, had a couple of FB incidents where I was involved but NOT involved and I REALLY started thinking.

Then one day it hit me while I was making my bed. I was thinking about the incidents and really dwelling on them in my mind and I thought... "I'M FOCUSING ON FB!?!? WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT FB? Are these REALLY things that matter in the GRAND scheme of things? Are these the important things in LIFE?"

Obviously, the answer was no. I decided to shut down my FB account for the summer to FOCUS. To look my baby in her eyes, to talk with Husband and to enjoy GOD, His creation and thank Him for the life HE has given me. I don't want to take ANY of it for granted. I want to be tuned in to all that is going on around me and not get distracted for "just a second" (or 20 minutes)

Day 3 into shutting it down and I gotta say that I'm ok. :) I def. "miss" what's going on ~I'm a nosy Nelly by nature and LOVE to be in the KNOW ~ but so far, I've been so busy I haven't REALLY missed it. I'm making more phone calls, planning more in advance and having a BLAST with my family. For me... a GREAT decision.... so far. :)

No comments: