Sunday, June 26, 2011

Old School Sunday

Yesterday Minnie and I headed toward the "big city". It was day four without Daddy/Husband (away on his annual fishing trip) and we were both starting to feel it.

I needed a little "extra" Jesus and I threw in one of my Selah CD's. I love their remix of songs that I grew up with. I started BELTING this out in the car... all alone (with Minnie :) and just havin' a "moment" with God.

I glanced back at Minnie thinking she is totally going to be back there with her fingers in her ears doing her "Craaazzyyy" face but what I saw was my 18ish MONTH old daughter with a bink in her mouth, a bear in one hand and the other hand raised to Jesus in praise. I burst into tears. I just kept saying... "I love you, I LOVE you so much!" :)

She's getting it... she's getting it already and it makes my heart so happy it could almost explode.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Mama H said...

Proverbs 22:6~ Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

AMEN, SISTAH!!!

Anonymous said...

What a special moment! This made my hearts smile. I could so see her with her Bear (said in a Maine accent, of course....), her pacy, and her hands lifted to Jesus because that is what you do when you are feeling it. She is too cute and you guys are doing an amazing job raising her!

LJC