Thursday, October 6, 2011

Inspired ~ Before and After

I think when you are inspired by people who are smaller....who are younger...

and who are so beautiful INSIDE and OUT....It's a great reflection on their parents. Clearly you are raising kids who care for other, want to do something bigger than themselves and are selfless.



I was challenged by these three GORGEOUS girls who have all recently (Chloe was a couple years ago) cut all their hair for a program called Locks of Love who take hair donations and make wigs for kids with cancer.

So I decided several months ago I was going to make the big cut. Today was the BIG DAY!!! I was soooo excited. I typically get a little ancy about my hair in the fall and try to do something different but this year I knew it was going to be REALLY different :)

You have to have at least 10 inches in order to donate to Locks of Love.

Good thing for ME it can be wet and straight when you cut it :)

My faithful hairdresser and good friend encouraging me the entire time :) I def. did not expect the emotions that I felt when I felt the scissors go through my hair. I got sick to my stomach and I started to cry. I was NOT expecting that!?!? I was completely caught off guard!

But we laughed it up and we even went a little crazy by straightening it. (don't worry as SOON as a STITCH of water touches it we are all back to curly and I'll post another pic then)

Goodbye hair and hello DIFFERENT :)

(a pic for Mama H while I was on the phone with her :)

I can't believe how SHORT my ponytail is!!! Then I start to think... my hair WILL grow back. I'm not a parent who has to worry about picking out a wig for my little girl. I am thankful and blessed.


Thank you Chloe, Millie and Lil'Bit for your inspiration, your challenge and your selflessness. You are all amazing.

6 comments:

Momma S said...

I love the new do! It's smart and young and sassy! <3 it!

~*~Heather~*~ said...

Momma S said exactly what I was going to say! Love the sassy new 'do!

Anonymous said...

I love your hair!!!

Cousin Chris

capener said...

Looking great.. Love the new Do... :)

~ Laurie said...

Emma cried after she had hers cut for donation...but knew it was WELL worth it!

Mama H said...

Yippeeee.....so fun! Can't wait to get the ceramic iron over to you!!!