Monday, October 31, 2011

Pony Ride ~ How we spent her 23 month birthday

The general consensus is that I LOVE my blog, my pictures are "safe" (it's the Internet, NOTHING is safe) and I love documenting my life this way. The $5 was paid and we blog again... bring on the pictures!!!

On Friday last week Minnie had the THRILL of the week. When we went to the fair with the CountryRents Minnie REALLY wanted to "ride a pony" just like her big cousins. As some of you may remember it didn't go down so well the LAST time she rode a pony so at the fair I made the executive decision to not pay for the pony ride. 1) I didn't want to waste the $$ 2) I didn't want her crying and freaking out after only 15 seconds on said pony and 3) I knew that our friend from the library had offered Hickory ANYTIME. (I also didn't think she REALLY cared ~ whoopsie)

She talked about riding a pony FOR THE REST OF THAT DAY. I got home to Husband and said "I have NEVER felt like our girl wants for anything. I feel like she has MORE than we deserve but that day... I was SO sad that I didn't pay the $$ and get the girl a pony ride." Thankfully I did check in with our friend who owns Hickory and she DID say "come ON OVER!!!" and Minnie had her pony riding day. One that didn't cost us $5 and lasted about 10 times as long as the one at the fair :) Oh yeah... and here's how it went down...

Starting with the "fake" horsey ride ~ and THRILLED to be on Hickory. The other GREAT thing about waiting until Hickory the pony was that DADDY got to be there! :) I think Minnie almost loved that part best! :)

There were NO tears and she LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!

Hickory's littlest owner :)

Walkin' and talkin' with Nana

Our sweet, generous, lovely hosts ~ please note that baby B is SLEEPING there on his Mama....

The big guy ~ Boone ~ that had to get left behind...

After the pony ride the girl just ran around and had A BLAST in the yard

with the toy tractors

and then there was the JUMPY HOUSE!!!! :)

I think this is my favorite pic of all of them. Two girls, barefoot in cold weather ~ one chasing chickens and one riding a tractor in late afternoon sun. :)



The little B man that woke up and had all kinds of smiles for the nice lady Minnie calls Nana :)




Pa-Pa!!!! :) come on now...

The final highlight of the afternoon for Minnie was actually TOUCHING one of the chickens she had spent so much time chasing. :) She even got to gather an egg from the chicken coop. My girl left her new friend's home with a heart full of memories and dirty feet and clothes. In my book, that's success!

Thank you B family for sharing your home, animals and fun things!!! We had an AMAZING afternoon! What a GREAT way to celebrate Minnie turning 23 months old! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the guilt of panenthood cd