Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hickory The Pony

My town is AWESOME. Not only do we have a GREAT story hour where the kids are all met at the door by the library lady saying "Welcome/Hello....insert child's name" and a big hug, BUT....we also get to ride on PONIES!! :) This is Hickory and he's 14 years old and the BEST behaved pony I'VE ever seen :) Liz and I giggled about some of the ponies we had been exposed to as young girls... Liz was thrown from one, I was on one that ran away (well... to the barn! :) But Hickory was a nice old guy who was so gentle with all the kids!The T girls KNOW what to expect. They were there last year and the little one even RODE Hickory. First time for the "big" one this year....




On Tuesdays when I tell Minnie we are going to the library to see her friends she IMMEDIATELY pipes up with "PeeeeeBeeeee" :) She gets so excited to see her friend!


Getting some wiggles out on the library grounds


or...headed for the truck. :)


I seriously LOVE this kid :) She takes a bit to warm up to yah but once she does I think she's going to be one of those people who takes care of your heart forever.


B.T. showing her big sis how it's done. She HAS already done this before after all :)


Be sure to click on this pic to enlarge. Her smile is PRICELESS!


Big sis...too cool for school :) (P.S. I'd also like to take a second here to point out that Hickory's owner... due to have her SECOND baby in less than a MONTH. WHAT? Where IS the baby? I'm pretty sure at this point in my pregnancy my FOREHEAD had gained weight??)


Little A-man....wasn't too sure about it at first but...


he was a NATURAL :)


ah Minnie.... "Do you want to ride on the horsey?" "yeah!" (please note hanging on to her SNACK not the saddle)


uh..... maybe not....the horse is MOVING MOM!!!


I can't decide...is this funny....or MEAN? :)


Don't worry.... she was no worse for the wear....


and she might have even LIKE it at the end....


Pheebs.... not so sure...


I do love Liz's ever patient, teaching spirit. I learn a lot by watching her.





A death grip on Mom but....


no tears for that girl! :) She was a tough one!


G.T. actually came up with the best quote of the day "it's like feeding time at the zoo"....


totally was....





So... I guess the moral of the story is that Minnie prefers her two feet on the ground...but she'll get there.... I hope.



"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" Winston Churchill

No comments: