Saturday, May 28, 2011

Minnie: 18 Months

Dear Minnie,
Happy 18 month birthday my little love! I can't believe we are 1/2 way to 2. STOP STOP STOP. You are a JOY and a DELIGHT my little one! Your vocabulary over the past few weeks has just taken OFF! You are saying REAL words and a lot of them! A lot of it seems pretty clear to me but I spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week with you :) You are quickly learning your friends names and associating them with their Mama's. I think that is just the sweetest thing. When I mention Liz, you say PeeBeeee. When I say Auntie J.T. you say DeeenDee! You know who goes with who and I think it is AMAZING that in our little circle of friends your friends are with THEIR Mama's 24/7 too! :) We are blessed women.

The weather has been kinda stinky the past few weeks but we've tried to make the best of it by having fun with salt dough, playing with Nana and Pa-Pa and getting outside even when it is raining.

The sun seems to have returned though and you are LOVING it! You will go in and out the deck door a million times a day and I think because of all the outside time you have no LESS than a MILLION bug bites! Poor girl!

Your spirit is still so very sweet and I am noticing that you are giving hugs and loving on all those you meet and see. You LOVE to ride in the buggy's at stores and holler "hi!!!" as we shop. LOVE IT!


Your FAVORITE time of day is when Daddy gets home and you have pretty much dropped the "Da-Da" and refer to him most of the time as Da-ddY. The "eeeee" sound accentuated.


You still go to bed between 6:30-7ish and have recently become OBSESSED with your bink and your bear. You call them BOTH "Beeeeeyah" which pretty much sounds like beer and cracks most people up with giggles.


You're still not a great eater but will do pasta, fruit, burger, and "nacks". We still have to do some baby foods with you just to get some variety and veggies into you. You are wearing size 4 diapers and we have started wearing size 4 OVERNIGHTS when you go to bed. Most of your clothes are between 18 months and 2T. Sweatshirts a little bigger. You are in a size 6 shoe, except your new sneakers that are a 7!!!! I'm sorry my love. I'm afraid you are going to have your Mama's feet. Don't worry, you'll be in good company with Liz and GA. :) Somehow we all managed and none of us tip over :)

I know you won't remember much from these days my goose, but I hope that I am building the blocks of our future by fostering an environment of fun, love, silly, structure, and giggles.

You make ME smile on an almost minute by minute basis.... and I hope you grow up knowing how much you are loved!By FAR, one of my most FAVORITE things about you right now though is watching you learn by example and PRAISE JESUS :) You LOVE your Christian music... or "Muuunik" as you like to call it and I caught you standing in front of the TV the other day when Jeremy Camp was on with your hand lifted to the sky.

Just when I think that I am over-obsessed with you and how much love I have in my heart for you, I am reminded of our Heavenly Father and how obsessed and in love with you HE is!


Happy 18 months sweet sweet girl! Your Daddy and I are loving EVERY second with you and enjoying every MINUTE! You are the light of our lives and we are SO thankful that God hand-picked YOU for our family. You are PERFECT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are doing an awsome job with Her, am proud of ya. cd

Mama H said...

CD's comment....yup, TEARS are flowing!

Country Mouse said...

*BLUSH*