Friday, December 9, 2011

Annual Hunt for the Christmas Tree

It didn't start off "GREAT" and actually kinda started out just like LAST year... truck wasn't working...

So instead of going RIGHT after church, we came home, put the girl down for a nap and Husband worked on getting it fixed. The kids and I made the best of the quiet time by making a little project I saw in my Martha Stewart Living magazine :) They treked through the woods, cut down the branches and even used the hot glue gun...

for about 15 min. and then I was left to my own devices :)
THANKFULLY Husband was able to get the truck working and we headed out to hunt and gather our tree!!!

We didn't have a long time so we made a quick WISE decision and we are all thrilled with the option this year!





...JUST in the nick of time... sunset was fast approaching!




and then look who we bumped into (planned) on the way OUT :) Fun to meet up with our friends again this year!



And THANKFULLY "Tricky" was able to show up and do the heavy lifting so that Husband and I are able to AVOID the annual Christmas tree FIGHT :)



Meanwhile...

When L&L showed up to pick up the kiddies we put them to work too, much to BIL L's chagrin :)

good thing he's SUCH a good sport!

No pics of the tree YET but here are the finished wreaths! :) Didn't they do a GREAT job? :)


Another great time of making memories with family and friends... Merry Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! That tree is huge, fat and jolly, just the way I like 'em. Do I spy some fabric wrapped canvases on the wall too? ;)

Country Mouse said...

Oh yes :) Those were done a few months back :) Gotta love a local establishment that has CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP fabric :)

I've got scraps. What do you want to make out of it? oh crafty one! :)