Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Balance ~ and the one where I call out my friends...

So it's been roughly 2 months since a new addition to our family... one that was prayed for, excited about and anxious over how she'd fit... and how we'd all adjust.

I am SO thankful for my friends and those that have "gone before me" that didn't sugar coat how it was all going to work... how difficult it would be and how much love I would feel in my heart...

It's tough. Trying to find *time* for ANYTHING... being attached to the clock again because I'm nursing and being "forced" to sit quietly and focus on who I think HAS to be the WORLD'S EASIEST BABY...

 Trying to be the best Mom to Minnie that I can be and oh, let's not forget the part where I'm a WIFE first...

 I am a spontaneous planner :) I like to fly be the seat of my pants, I like to have things planned to look forward to and I HATE to miss a good time... these things all take a WAY BACK SEAT (like think that spot in the minivan in the WAY WAY back that you can't reach) when you have a newborn but having a 2.5 year old who LOVES that stuff just as much as me... makes the balance teeter a little bit...

It is the little things that mean the most to me, the quick emails from friends just "checkin' in", Liane, Tamarah, Liz, Lynne, Heather O'. The phone calls from Betsy just to say "how are things going?" The comfort food from MIL and the CountryRents who know our favs., meals from Laurie and Lynne, snacks from J.T., and the neighbor down the road who NEVER says NO when I call/email/FB with a quick, "can I send my girl down to play" or "can I come down just for an adult face because Husband is going to be late today".

It doesn't have to be big and extravagant, it just has to BE. Feeling special and like people care because they just reach out has helped to make this transition just a little bit easier.

One thing that I have done for others and now some have done for us, that has blessed me BEYOND COMPREHENSION is meals.

Sweet "Yiz" (and maybe Heather O' had something to do with it as well :) organized, for the ENTIRE month of September ~ let's remember Husband went back to school AND soccer started... EVERY Tues/Thurs a meal was delivered to my door. I didn't have to THINK... I just had to be a Wife, a Mom and in the moment with my family. It was amazing to look forward to those days and to know that there didn't have to be a "plan"... someone else had already taken care of it for me.
 
So, Heather O, Fletch, Mama H, Momma S, Sweet Gwynne, Liane, Liz and Kelly C ~ you have all poured out your love on my family and especially ME during this transition. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
We're gettin' there... just like everyone does... but what a help it has been to feel surrounded by the support and love of my friends.

2 comments:

Mama H said...

I think we're all just giving back what YOU have already poured out to each of us. Thank YOU, my friend. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Ditto, for sure!!