Saturday, October 13, 2012

Walk-AH's Wedding

I had a million titles going through my mind but figured I'd just go with what will make the most sense when I want to look back on this post... and I will... because this was the MOST FUN I have had at a wedding in FOR-EVER... Course, couldn't tell yah the LAST wedding we went to but this was a stinkin' BLAST!

 My giddy-ness COULD have something to do with it being the first DATE NIGHT in MONTHS, the fact that I'm 35+lbs LESS than when we got the invitation, or my great borrowed dress ~ but I think it had to do with spending NINE WHOLE HOURS ALONE WITH MY HOT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We traveled a little over an hour to Husband's ice fishing derby spot... I like it better UN-FROZEN and full of color. The risk of rain was following us all the way there but this picture was taken RIGHT after the ceremony and you can see it was GORGEOUS! Freeeezing but gorgeous! :)
 I love a girl who can take a theme for an event and RUN with it and these two DID... They are both HUGE hockey fans... both ice and field and the biggest Bruins fans I think I've ever met... of course her colors were black and gold and the hockey theme just carried right through the night... SO MUCH FUN!

Groom smiling at his guys while they wait...

GORGEOUS mother of the bride...
 Matron of Honor
 Maid of Honor

 Walk-AH looked AMAZING... Dress was soooooo pretty and very much HER :)



 The ceremony was sweet, funny, emotional and BEAUTIFUL... all encompassing their love and relationship... LOVED it.
 They had the same song as her parents did at their wedding 33 years ago. I LOVE the two Walk-AH girls looking at their Daddy...

the HAPPY HAPPY couple....and to stick with the theme... we had all been given "rally rags" to wave...
this is what it looked like on the other side :) SO FUN!!!
 Mama Walk-AH gettin' in on it :) after all the planning and prep this lady was sure ready to just ENJOY the night!
 Place "cards" ~ stuck with magnets on a board that (duh) looks like ice. They were "Bruins" tickets with table numbers on them ~ you had to figure out who wore/wears the table number because when we went into the wedding they were player NAMES on the tables. Thankfully Husband was able to "phone a friend" and Tricky's son Ethan piped right up with #11 is CAMPBELL! :) Perfect!
 Dance floor...
 
 a picture mostly for "Yiz" :) CUPCAKE CAKE... please note the Bruins rubber duckies on the top :)
 Announcing the wedding party :)

 I mean REALLY :) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :)



 After dinner it was all about FUN FUN AND MORE FUN :) Best lines from the night ~ Man at our table after hearing I had a 9 week old..."that must have been the world's smallest baby! :)" awww thanks! But my all night favorite, while watching the dancing... Husband Quote: "It's almost like she doesn't even HEAR the music..." :) giggle giggle....

They had a photo booth set up with all KINDS of props... Can't WAIT to see all the outtakes :)
 GORGEOUS, emotional little sister :) my mind just spins and spins with the future of my girls and how much I want them to be best friends and confidants :) and please, if you haven't noticed by now...Husband sporting the black and gold :)

 a couple that can play and laugh together...
 and then help each other out is starting out on JUST the right foot :)
 the whole "Walk-AH" clan... these are some of the BEST, MOST FUN people I know :) what a BLAST!
 The two sweet grandmothers taking it all in... :) and enjoying every SINGLE second of their shared granddaughters moment in the spotlight. They were both BEAMING all night.
 and this one...just to make little Walk and Walk-AH laugh :) THANKS for our table Walk-AH, we had the BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE :) SO.MUCH.FUN!
 These two have an ongoing rivalry between our neighboring states... her new Hubby is TRYING to bring her over to the "dark side"...
 I don't think she's going for it :)
Special shout out to TiTi for watchin' the gals and Heather O' for the dress and thanks especially to Walk-AH for gettin' hitched so that Husband and I could snag a date night :)
 it was the most amazing time EVER! :)


2 comments:

Mama H said...

SO MUCH FUN! Your enthusiasm is infectious...it made me want to go to the wedding too...and I don't even know them! How fun! Glad you had a blast!!!

And PS~ You look gorgeous!

Daddy Walker said...

Outstanding Blog, so nice I'm glad you shared it.