Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My friends ROCK!

Last week H.O. called to see if I had my dinner menu worked out for the week and could I use some of her TASTY "catering food" vegetable chowder? Um... YEAH! :) I love love love this soup she makes and I was SO excited to have another night OFF from cooking... I received the soup on Wednesday and planned to use it on Thursday.

Husband is my MEAT AND POTATO guy but will also eat whatever is for dinner... he's never PSYCHED about vegetarian night but will roll with it without too many complaints... fast forward to Thursday AM ~ message left by Mama H that she had made Husband his FAVORITE ~ Shepard's Pie and could she drop it off for him to eat for dinner THURSDAY NIGHT :) It was a win/win all around.

I didn't have to cook. Husband didn't have to eat ANY vegetables. I got ALL the chowder to.my.SELF.

My friends ROCK. :)

3 comments:

Mama H said...

Love it....it's the little things that make us happy! Glad it worked out!!

PS...I'm thrilled to see Minnie eating the shephards pie as well....good girl....good girl. *wink*

TracyMichele said...

One of these days I'm gonna sneak a vegan meatball into that husband of yours! :)

Mama H said...

Ooooh, I do love a good challenge! Go, Tracy! Go, Tracy!