Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Den to Playroom: The TRANSFORMATION

Last April I asked CountryDad to just "build me a box with some shelves on either side". Easy right? Says the girl that can't sew a straight line or nail anything straight. Seven months later and some major construction and the FINAL PRODUCT is DONE!!! :)

BEFORE:



DURING: these gals came over to help me transform it into a bright blue FUN room for two girls! (thanks to H.O. for the FREE paint!)

CountryMum helped me sew new curtains that say "friends and hugs" on them. Perfect for a couple of sisters right? :)



and she also painted a little table that was made by my GREAT GREAT? Grandfather in Rangeley and you all know how much I LOVE RANGELEY! :)

Last Thursday was construction day...




CountryDad enlisted the help of his (our) friend Dennis and they pounded (literally) out the job in less than 3 hours!

 I think CountryDad is just SO stinkin' happy this project is DONE and out of his BASEMENT!!!! :)
 These girls (and their Mama) are so happy that it is IN OUR NEW PLAYROOM!!!!
MIL came on Monday and sewed at my kitchen table for 4 and 1/2 hours STRAIGHT to get the covers made for the cushion on the window seat and now it is all up to me. I have walls to patch and some painting to do but I am SOOOOO HAPPY with how it all came out and my big girl is LOVING playing in her space! I hope that my girls enjoy this room for years and years to come! :) Thank you just isn't ENOUGH to all involved and especially to the CountryRents who spent way more time, energy and $ than I expected!! I love you both VERY much and my girls are SO blessed to have you as their grandparents!! YOU SPOIL US ALL!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful!!!!

Mama H said...

I love, love, love the book shelves!!!!!! Lucky girls indeed! :):)