Monday, April 29, 2013

Friday with Ca-fee-dan

On Friday the girls and I met up with my friend Cathy aka "Ca-fee-Dan" NO IDEA where Minnie came up with that one... and we headed to Trader J0e's and to have some fun in the sun. Seriously.. get some warm-ish, SUNNY weather and I tell yah, Northern New Englanders just come OUT of the wood-work!!! We promised Minnie lunch at the park and there were TWO school buses there from neighboring towns. 

It was kids GALORE and my kid was in HEAVEN! Makin' friends all over the place, asking for a turn on things "when you are done" and the "big kids" just slid over and made room for her right then. They were all SO SO sweet to her! When they all were headed back to their buses a few of them stood on the top of the rock wall yelling down... "BYE MINNIE!!!" (except they used her real name :) 

She is her father's daughter.. that is for sure! Little Miss Mayor Jr. 

Cathy has two girls of her own... except they are a Sr. and Sophomore in high school... I think she likes to soak up the babies and know that she gets to go home and SLEEP.ALL.NIGHT. At least that's what I tell myself in my mind :)


By far, Minnie's favorite part of the park! 


All about scaling the rock wall :) 

Miss B was just psyched to be outside in the sunshine playing with her toys and smiling for her Mama :)



After the park I was still not quite done with being in the "big city" so we headed downtown for ice cream. Of course someone fell asleep so I manned the car and sleeping baby while Cathy and Minnie ventured off for sweet treats... 

My view wasn't bad :) 
The girls and I finished the day laying on a blanket and jumping on the pole vault mat at Daddy's practice. As I laid in the grass soaking up the sunshine and listening to Husband coach behind me (those that know him, KNOW his voice just projects :) with my baby playing in my lap and my "big girl" getting her wiggles out I just thanked the Lord OVER and OVER for my life, for the fact that we feel like we are on the other side of the "c" trial and for the part where we get to dream and plan and think about a future... watching our babies grow up and soaking up the sun and SON shine.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oh, yes!!!! Praise Him!!!