Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Annual Hunt for the Christmas Tree

If you click HERE you can get to all the past years... I may have mentioned it a time or two before but I am not big on CHANGE or DIFFERENT or not doing what "we've always done" but CountryDad always tells me that change is the only thing that is constant and that you can count on.
 
So this year it was different. It was the first time in I *think* 9ish years that we did not bring Daws and Sky. SIL L and I tried to make the calendars work but we just couldn't... we won't talk about my shed tears or the disappointment and just move onto the taking small children out in freezing cold temps to do manual labor....you know... the FUN stuff.

All before the crying ensued... from the "big one"...

Little one LOVED every minute... including the part where her sister begged and pleaded to push the stroller "BY.MY.SELF." and ended up tipping over little sister, stroller and herself. Only one crying... "big sister". I went to pull Miss B from the "wreckage" and all she did was say "Uh-OH. Uh-OH!" while she pointed at the tipped over stroller. Fun times I tell yah, fun times.

My loves






Doing the manual labor... :)

the ONLY reason I think she GOES to get the tree... well... other than the part where she's not old enough to stay home alone yet and I can still wrestle her into a 5 point harness.

and really... what would the annual hunt for the tree be without the annual TREE TIPPED OVER IN THE LIVING ROOM picture?

AHH... CHRISTMAS. I love tradition!


1 comment:

Mama H said...

Fat trees...I can always count on the Mouse House to have the fattest tree known to mankind! I love it...can't wait to see it in person! :)