Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What's the point? 2013... NOT looking back.

In January I did a quick review...(Click Here) it was fun. When I thought about doing that for this year... NO.THANK.YOU.

Honestly, I wish it had never happened and that we can move onto 2014 and I never have to think about it again. BUT....I think I would have missed the point. The lessons. My baby turning ONE. The growth. The quiet. The thankful spirit.

I've spent this past holiday season in reflection. Of the year, of what we went through as a family of four, as an extended family and in quiet.
 
I'm not great about staying home, therefore neither are my children. But we have practiced. We have found contentment with one another, inside these four walls, and with ourselves.
 
Last January (I thought I blogged about it but I must have just shared with the Bible Study gals) I read Proverbs 31 and prayed over what the Lord would teach me over the next year. What kept sticking out to me was... "First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,
    rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started." I wondered if maybe I was getting lazy... in my homemaking, my parenting, my wife-ing and I do NOT want to be lazy. This past year I think I have learned how to really ROLL UP MY SLEEVES and to be "eager" to get started. Not saying that everyday I was "eager" but that I feel I learned the lesson... we'll see what HE thinks :)
This year I'm praying over it again and feeling the Lord pressing some other verses into my heart....
 
I'm looking forward to the new year, albeit with that apprehension that comes with going through something like your "invincible bubble" getting popped. But I'm anxious to see what the Lord is going to do... with me, with friends and with those that I'm praying FURIOUSLY for.
The Lord has given me a desire for some that are close to me and are unsaved. I want their future secured. I want to see them come to a SAVING knowledge of HIM. I want them to have a love and desire and MISSION to serve Him.
 
I want EVERYONE to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if their tomorrow is compromised... if they don't get more time... that they KNOW they are spending eternity with HIM. That by accepting the gift of HIS son, believing that He died on the cross for THEIR SIN and accepting HIM as their Savior and perfect gift that they too will spend eternity with HIM... to know where YOU will go when you die...
Otherwise... what IS the point? 

2 comments:

Carol said...

Well said!! We're pressing on in Him!!

Mama H said...

Beautiful post, my friend. Bold, real, and exactly the type of post that honors Him. Well said...can't wait to venture through 2014 with you. :)