Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Coffee Table "Update"

The quotes around "update" are because I really tried to go more "old"...the distressed look if you will.... :) My coffee table is always (both times) moved to the basement when my babies learn to walk. Pointy corners can be very unforgiving and in this house we prefer injuries only from the neck down. Their faces are just so sweet and pretty :) So, for the past two years it has had tools put on it, collected dirt, and just gotten grimy. It was time for a facelift.
 
I poked around on Pinterest (duh) and found this table as my inspiration. Click HERE. I knew I didn't want the wood quite that dark as I have a lot of maple and white trim. The CountryRents let me use their hand sander... which I don't think I've used since back HERE. Fun to get dusty and dirty again :)


The kinda scary part came after I stained it. I really liked it just like it is here...

and thought... should I REALLY paint it???


But I did... that first brush stroke was nerve-racking but I pushed through :)



and this morning I carried it upstairs and put it back in front of the couch where it belongs....


I LOVE it! :)

One table down... two more to go. I have an end table and console table that I want to match...
gotta start painting....
:) *special thanks to CountryMum for the white paint and MIL for the poly* :)

4 comments:

Carol said...

Very nice job, Julia!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! You are so artsy fartsy!!!

~*~Heather~*~ said...

I love it!! Great job :)

Anonymous said...

I love it:) I'm soooo proud of you!