Friday, July 24, 2015

Toddy-Hot's Table

(Blog Started on 4/23/15)

It was actually his GRANDPARENTS table which makes it even MORE special. He asked me at the end of January to refinish it for him and now that the weather is FINALLY at least not SNOWING... I've been able to make some serious progress on it.
 
Gotta clean off the years of SCUM first... eewww....


Mid-Sanding

Table BEFORE

Palm sander courtesy of the CountryRents ;) Thank you!


Mid-Sanding

Ready for stain... and a photo op with a "baby redneck"

Stained and ready for poly

 
my favorite part of the table... "Carol was here. 2/11/60" (I LOVE "Carol") :)

plus someone played tic tac toe... also VERY fun!
 
Poly'd and ready to go HOME!

he gave it two thumbs up and is now taking it WAY north to his new home, new job and new life...
 
Enjoy Toddy-Hot!
 

3 comments:

Patric said...

The table looks amazing, Cuz! And it is very happy in the kitchen here on the midcoast. I almost don't know how to eat at a table any more!

Carol said...

Beautiful Julia!!! Thanks for doing that! I didn't know that I had written on that table. I would have been about 16 years old when I did it. Crazy!

Carol said...

No, I was 15 and I love you too Julia!!