Tuesday, July 7, 2015

EDITED (with pics from Sky) back at it... ANNUAL 4th of July Camping Trip

I was painfully convinced by one of these two (not mentioning any names SKYLAR) to pack it up and camp again this year. You remember the disaster that was 2013 aka Miss B NEVER.EVER.SLEPT? Thank GOODNESS we did NOT have a repeat of THAT biz-ness.
 
 
 
What we did have was pretty great weather...

some AMAZING friends...

and of course... COUSINS! :)

 
Having the D Crew along just MADE it for my kiddos. It was so nice to have similar "energy" levels for the kiddos. They did tons of bike riding (and just wearing the helmets around ;)

Playing on the playground at the beach..

and even napping together (thanks again Liz for taking the walk :)

Please note the adorable jammies in this picture (and the time of probably 7AM :)




 
Then of course there was the FOOD... I had seen someone post this on FB so between Bets, SIL L and I we combined ingredients and gave them a whirl. Feedback was that most people liked them, the kiddos LOVED building their own... I wasn't a big fan of the "smoky" taste...

and this girl's was an "epic fail" :)


Sweetest moment... "MYAH... I can see the FIRE in your eyes!!" :)



We tried a "new" place, as in, we'd never camped there before and the last time we were actually THERE, Husband and I were engaged and Skylar was in SIL L's belly... crazy.
 
 

Such a pretty lake...
 
By far the best part... being with my crew for FOUR days... well that... and the double stuffed Oreos of course :)
 
*ALL photos courtesy of Bets, Liz and BIL L*
I am SO grateful!

No comments: