Tuesday, July 7, 2015

RA an update..of sorts...

I sort of left it hanging back HERE but not much has changed... really. Except that it kinda has...

My B/W came back saying that I did NOT have Lyme. Yipppeee... (more on that later)

On June 5th Husband and I had our follow up with the RA doc. The appointment felt completely different than it did the first time I met him. He shut me off when I started to tell him that I had tried a 30 day elimination diet stating "that's not going to work." (RAH) and just didn't feel like we are a good "fit".

He did agree to let me try the "least toxic" RA med with his disclaimer that he didn't think it would work. This past week I had Husband pick up my Rx of Plaquenil... I've yet to take it.

In the meantime, like last week... I got bit by something. It was itchy and felt like a deer fly bite. Over the weekend the spot got progressively bigger and more typical to a tick bite. On Monday I was able to get in and see an NP... they did confirm a tick bite and I'm on an antibiotic for the next THREE weeks... or longer if the spot does not COMPLETELY go away.

Wouldn't be summer vacation without SOME sort of medical drama right?

No comments: