Thursday, August 27, 2015

What's been going on...

Well... the GA family is here so there is much of this...

 
 

YUM! :)

and as much ocean as they can get :)


On Sunday, Husband whisked me off to PARADISE! Thanks to some amazing family and friends the girls were cared for and we ran (drove) NORTH with the dog in tow. Super cool windmills on the way up...


Husband wanted to try a "short-cut" road that was basically 8 miles of four-wheeling going 10-15 MPH... the best part... WHO CARES!? :) We were in NO rush and we had the truck! No one was asking for snacks or wondering when we were going to be off the road. SUPER FUN! :) We were also on the hunt for a camp that one of Husband's friends just bought and we FOUND it! :) Cute!

Then we arrived at the lake... ah I love the lake. It has been 3+ years since I have been up here and that is WAY too long in my book. :(

So happy to be back...

and he was happy to be there! :)


While we were sitting out on the back deck enjoying the view I saw these little guys running around the yard next to us... it's fun to see deer in my own yard but also fun when you are out and about :)


NOT fun was watching them cross MAIN street! :( But they made it thank goodness!

The next morning....Mmmm....

watching the fog leave the lake...



and enjoying my view ;)

We also headed up to have a little visit with Aunt Audrey. It was wonderful to see her and chat for a while. She is going to be 90 in December and she still lives alone and looks wonderful. Those "W" genes run tough.

When we left we went the scenic route... MY FAVORITE!

I have not seen all of this wonderful state but I just can't imagine there is any better, more amazing view than this one...


Picture for Aunt Carol :)


Such an amazing get away with my guy and special shout out to all who contributed in making my girls completely forget they even HAD parents ;)

Ah.. but it is back to reality. And one I am NOT.READY.FOR. (but clearly from this picture Miss B is ready! :)

Sweet girls...


Minnie had a rough go but she realized it was fun and I think after a bit of transition she is going to be just fine....

Mama on the other hand... we'll see... ;)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Nice!!!! You covered quite a bit of time in this post!!! Love the AT signpost!!!
Thanks for your love...enjoyed all the times together! Love your pictures of your trip.