Wednesday, June 29, 2016

And then Daddy left....

Husband's last day of school, therefore off on his annual fishing trip and before he was even OUT OF THE AREA.... it's all fun and games until Defense snags a fledgling and then... at least DROPS it....have I ever mentioned how much I HATE BIRDS? I.DO.

So... when in doubt... call the gals down the road who LOVE stuff like this AND don't mind sharing their interest with my little people... since I was curled in the fetal position praying it didn't jump out of Em's hands....

bird does NOT look thrilled but it was too small to do anything about it... so we did some research... Fletch and I called each other back and forth....

found out that 1) it is an old wives tale that bird parents won't take care of their babies if they have been touched by a human and 2) that sometimes the fledglings live on the ground for 3-5 days... so into a strawberry box nest he/she went and off to the woods....

much to my animal lovers chagrin... girlfriend is going own an animal shelter I swear...

The Fletch girls (including their Mama) came a few days later and the bird was gone... course then there was a DEAD one on my lawn that *might* have been it but hard to tell when you accidentally run it over with the lawn mower... yeah.

Thank goodness our night ended up better than dealing with birds in the morning...movies, jammies...


and stuffed animal forts with the "W" crew....



and trying to take Joe down at the end of the night... just what we all needed :)


No comments: