Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pray for my friend....Please?

My friend Laurie and I like to joke we've been friends for "almost forever" but it is literally true. It was one of those relationships that get thrown together because the Mom's are friends... therefore all the kids are friends (J.T. and Liz, Pheebs Mom ran in the same circle) and we have managed to maintain our relationship even when the play dates with the Mom's stopped.

We reconnected in our early 20's and formed a great group of friends (Tracy is part of that group, isn't it neat how life interconnects?) and Laurie and I became even closer. Laurie has a sister but I also feel like she is my sister and thankfully through our relationship with the Lord she is.

A paraphrase in my own words from what her Husband posted on FB:
On Saturday March 13th she had a brain aneurysm burst and she fell into a coma. Laurie's SIX YEAR OLD daughter immediately called her Daddy at work and told him that mommy was sick. Paramedics took her to the Mecca Hospital in our area where a brain scan confirmed the bleeding and emergency surgery was started.
Without going into the gory details...we are praying for survival.

Laurie has three children, 6, 3, and 2...they need their Mama, DC her hubby, needs his wife and I need my friend.
She eats the vanilla ice cream out of the middle of my ice cream sandwiches and I get her chocolate cookie part...
Please pray.

No comments: