Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Swirling Around My Head...

I saw my friend today... you know the one... the one we've all been praying for. The one who is a living breathing miracle? Yeah. Her.
She's doing famously. I, however, was a TRAIN WRECK on the WAY to see her, nevermind actually going IN to see her. I thought about the past week and 1/2. I thought about how her brother was in church with his family on Sunday. I thought about how her son was having a hard time in the nursery so her baby brother held him through the entire service. I thought about how he wants to buy his wife a Bible for her birthday. These are HUGE huge things. Only God opening doors sort of things...

I thought about her kids and how they are her life. I thought about her daughter at 6 years old, SAVING her mother's life. I thought about her son, whom she advocates for to get special services she thinks he needs, how she knows him inside and out and does whatever she can to make sure he's a happy, well-adjusted kid. NO one else will do this for this boy. He needs his Mama. I thought about Tribble and the fact that today is her 2nd birthday and her Mama wouldn't be there for chocolate covered strawberries but that her Mama is so THERE and will be just as soon as she's able. That Tribble won't need to spend another birthday, Lord willing, without her Mama.

I thought about her Husband. How he has faithfully been by her side, literally, since the Saturday this happened. How everyday he juggles kids, food, hospital, family, updates, friends and life. I thought about how thankful he is that his wife is ALIVE. Someone asked me recently if this had shaken his faith at all. It's a legit question. But no. No his faith has not wavered. He has remained constant and true to the Lord he serves never questioning and keeping his eyes upward. His faith has been that which has witnessed to others around him whether he realizes or not.

I thought about Laurie. And how tough she really is... and how tough she's going to have to be...

Will you continue praying for her?

2 comments:

Momma S said...

Still praying, still in awe.

JJ, J, CJ and L said...

Abosolutely - Still praying, and PRAISING!!!! :)