Wednesday, February 8, 2012

a WEEKEND of parties... ok... FOOD

Sweet Momma S (way on the right in the blue next to me) planned a Girl's Night at her home last Friday. It was a sleepover if you wanted, a come as you are, bring a snack?, kinda party. I love my friends. I love that they can send an email that in the same note says "want to make prayer journals with you girls...." and "wine is optional" :) BAH :) (*group photo courtesy of K.C. via FB) I was NOT having a "feel good" kinda night but being around my girls ALWAYS makes me feel better :) even if it smelled like hot fat :)


by FAR the highlight of the night was this girl and her white bakery box. Of COURSE she MADE this cake and of COURSE this is the reason we get her to make ALL our cakes. Why wouldn't we?? :)




Dark chocolate, raspberry ganache cake... oh.my.word.Not only was it GORGEOUS, but it tasted AH-MAY-ZING!


2nd only to that was the chocolate fountain brought by K.C. :) and anything you could ever WANT to dip in chocolate! Fruit, pretzels, min-marshmallows, cookies... cheese poofs??? Oh no. That was preggo's contribution to the party.


Just a GREAT time of fellowship, EATING, chatting, laughing, story telling and having a good time.


and there was bacon. In chocolate. I'm just sayin'.


FINALLY someone is on board with me and my bloodhound nose... peeee uuuuuu stinky kale chips....




and then it got silly... and this was only after 2 glasses of .... WATER :) Thank you Momma S for a great night! Can't WAIT until next year :)Sunday was the Annual Super BOWL Party!!! Started off with some snuggles :) Minnie LOVES Ethan...




and then the pah-ty stah-ted :) I asked Eddie if that shirt was a size "Smedium" and he assured me it was an


EXTRA Smedium :) These two crack me up :) Brando found them in some old totes of clothes he had... probably could have used Martin and Bledsoe during THIS years game... (Bleck!)


meanwhile... Minnie was scoring a foot rub from Uncle D :) while hanging with her favorite 5 month old :)

The kids played inside and outside...


and the R clan brought a GI-GANTIC TV for us all to watch the game on... the next morning Minnie woke up, came downstairs and said... "whoa!? Where's (insert her name here) TV??" :) she assures me everyday that Uncle L is coming to her house to pick it up... hasn't happened yet and I can't say that Husband is too disappointed :)


but... speaking of disappointment... please note her expression. Even SHE knows our team did not play well and therefore... well....






I think SIL L's face says it best... YIKES. Great times with great friends and family... I could have used a little NOT FEELING LIKE I WAS GOING TO YIFF all weekend... but I am still praying it is JUST AROUND THE CORNER...

No comments: