Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ok, the PG "Catch-Up" Post

SHOCKED was the reaction when I took a "dollar store" test in the MIDDLE of the afternoon on December 12th and came up IMMEDIATELY positive :) Of course once Minnie woke up we ran out to the local drug store to buy a REAL test because surely the $$ store couldn't be right!?!? :)

We are thrilled ~ albeit one of us is VERY sick... but all par for the course if I remember...and I assure you all... I do. I HATE being nausea sick... HATE it... looking forward to feeling BETTER.SOON. (Lord? Do you hear me??)

Got some meds, as I did last time, right in the first few weeks to help... which... doesn't really. But I think it turns into mind over matter? Anyway... Zofran to the rescue a few days (less than a week) and now we just suffer through because the side effect, is worse than the sick. I know, right? Introducing Mouse House Baby ~ Version 2.0 :)

And for all those weeks you missed along the way.... :)


How far along: 7 Weeks
Net weight gain/loss: up ½ LB comparing SIL L’s scale and the Doc’s
Maternity clothes: Not yet, thank goodness, BUT the pooch is sticking out
Stretch marks: no more than before
Belly button: In
Sleep: Yes please. When I sleep I’m not sick.
Baby movement: Too early
Food cravings: BLECK. FOOD. YECK.
Food aversions: All food.
What I miss: Not feeling carsick 24/7
Looking forward to: Making sure the heart rate is above 100 BPM ~ At 6 weeks it was only 93
Best moment this week: Christmas and telling family
Milestones: Baby’s heart rate is now up to 144 BPM! A “skippy” little heartbeat according to our RN and our U/S was done by my FAVORITE tech Janet!


How far along: 10 Weeks
Net weight gain/loss: up 4lbs ~ Hello my name is CountryMouse and I’m a carb-aholic
Maternity clothes: Not yet, thank goodness, BUT the pooch is sticking out
Stretch marks: no more than before
Belly button: In
Sleep: Yes please. When I sleep I’m not sick.
Baby movement: Too early
Food cravings: BLECK. FOOD. YECK. (Except white, refined flour and sugar)
Food aversions: All food.
What I miss: Not feeling carsick 24/7
Looking forward to: My 10 week U/S and seeing the bean on the screen again
Best moment this week: Finding out that a friend is due 5 days before me :)
Milestones: Baby has eyelids! :)

How far along: 12 Weeks
Net weight gain/loss: up 6lbs ~ We are gonna be IN TROUUUBBLLEEE
Maternity clothes: Couple pairs of pants… most shirts are not…
Stretch marks: no more than before
Belly button: In
Sleep: Yes please. When I sleep I’m not sick…the sleep is not as deep as I’d like and I’m pretty much awake for the day by 5:30ishACK.
Baby movement: Too early
Food cravings: Depends on what I see on TV. I have made myself an amazing tuna sandwich on a croissant thanks to a D&D commercial, and the CountryRents have brought over Pizza Hut because I HAD TO HAVE IT. (not to mention two batches of Dad's beef stew)
Food aversions: I have been able to eat most everything this go-round… but still queasy 24/7 What I miss: Feeling good
Looking forward to: Feeling better
Best moment this week: Being able to FINALLY tell everyone!!! I hate keeping secrets from my friends! :)
Milestones: Placenta is starting to kick in… praying those sickies away!

3 comments:

Mama H said...

So fun...so awesome! We are thrilled for you guys!!!

TracyMichele said...

You kill me. How many times do I have to say, "There are no false positives!" Especially mid-afternoon. LOL.

Happy to see you are gaining weight!

capener said...

YEAH... Still smiling and so happy for you!!!