Friday, August 1, 2008

Time Management / Priorities

In an hour and 8 minutes, I will be on vacation for a WEEK! Away from work and at home with Husband. It is, where my heart longs to be everyday. Of course being married to a teacher MORE so in the summer when he is there but there is always a constant struggle in my heart because I'm not there when he gets home from work, I'm not taking care of the house when he's not around, I'm not being as domestic as I grew up with and as he grew up with.

I find it so interesting that I grew up in a house where we really didn't DO a whole lot. We spent A LOT of time at home. JJ and I LOVE to be busy. I think he has settled a bit more than me but I hear babies can do that to yah :) I like to be going a buck 50 ALL the time. Until... dun dun duuuun... I hit that wall. Where I will literally FREAK out if someone tries to remove me from my home in the woods. Where I literally cannot comprehend having to leave my sanctuary, my safe zone, one more day/night. This week was good to come off of last week where we were out every night. We had nothing going on Mon, Tues or Wednesday nights. All is right with the world again :)

I am looking forward to TIME this vacation. Everyone asks "where are you going" when you tell them you'll be on va-ca. I'm happy to report, home. Sure we have some day things planned but every night I will be sleeping in my bed at HOME. From Wednesday through the end of next weekend we have NOTHING planned and that makes my heart so happy.

My priority will be Husband this vacation. It will be spending time in my kitchen. It will be spending time outside. It will be spending hot, summer, lazy days with my family floating around their pool. It will be eating lots of fresh veggies. It will be getting extra Vitamin D. It will be spending time on our boat in the lake. My.priority.will.be.quiet.time.

No comments: