Tuesday, August 19, 2008

now THIS is the way to go...

We have been lovin' our homemade laundry detergent but honestly the grating of the Fels-naptha really STINKS! :(

Husband and I tried a new recipie (KFC Coleslaw) that we are planning to bring to a BBQ at the lake tomorrow so I got to haul out, FOR THE FIRST TIME, SORRY MIL!!! :) my new Kitchenaid shredder attachment. MIL purchased this for me for Christmas and I think it just intimidated me too much to actually figure out how it worked.
Genius for shredding veggies to go into coleslaw.... and then the light bulb... Yah... I'm SO throwing my soap in here (after cleaning the shredder of course!) worked like a CHARM!!! I'll be hauling the kitchenaid out EVERY time we need more laundry detergent.... LOVE IT! :)

5 comments:

Mama H said...

I meant to ask you....are you finding yellow splotches on your white clothes from the soap? We are....GGRR!!!

I used a larger grate this last time so I'm not sure if that's what it is...??

We bought regular detergent to use on whites from now on...but I do love the new homemade detergent.

Country Mouse said...

No, we haven't noticed that? eeekk... This time I grated it the yellow soap is like a powder so I think that will work well for us. We wash in cold.

Mama H said...

Yeah, we do too...but this time around, I grated the soap so it's like mozzerella cheese (in the bag)....I'm thinking that might be the reason...

Lovely, eh?

mykids4hisglory said...

Ahhh...the pleasures of modern conveniences!!!
Have fun!

JJ, J, CJ and L said...

On another note, the coleslaw was DELICIOUS!! :) SOO YUMMMY! :)