Monday, July 28, 2008

Getting in touch with my crunchy hippy side...

Come summer...I have these inner urges to become one with the land, to go a little scrubbier, wear less make-up, eat more veggies, drink more water, hanging laundry outside to dry, dig in the dirt, I enjoy wearing skirts, tank tops and clickers, and living more simply, simplier, just living simple. (English 101 major I trust you will correct that grammar :)


So Sunday... what did I do... WHAT did I do...?? Made my own laundry detergent...:) oh yes I did...Grated that Fels Naptha myself...(ouch) ran about 5 loads of laundry this afternoon and barely used ANY of it. It only takes 2-3 tablespoons for a large load!!! (I did 3 tablespoons because when I checked the water with only 2 it just didn't "feel" like there was enough soap in there...I was happier with 3) :)

2 comments:

~ Laurie said...

Yes but did your laundry come clean? I've heard people using it and the laundry didn't REALLY come clean.

Country Mouse said...

I think so. It smelled clean and I think the oxy has to help but I didn't have anything that was super dirty either I don't think.