Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grateful

Mama H's blog post today along with several things going on in "bloggityville" triggered my thoughts on the above subject...


Have you ever thought about how thankful you are to be who you are, where you are and when you are? Do you wake up thinking how horrible your life is? Do you wake up angry at people, frustrated at your situation, whatever it is? Do you feel bad for yourself? It's a hard trap... it's a scary hole to be stuck in and I challenge you to think, REALLY think about your circumstances and how good they really ARE.


I have been thinking about being grateful, about how there are things that we just take for granted... I have a Mom AND a Dad....I grew up with BOTH of them...I have a beautiful home, I have a JOB, I have friends, I have family that is all close and I have the ability to be around them pretty much whenever I want. I live in the USA with freedom, choice, healthcare, laws, protection, and the ability to do WHATEVER I want to do WHEREVER I want to do it WHENEVER I want to do it... Let's be grateful for the little things... let's not take each other for granted....let's hug our kids close.... smile at our family and giggle. A lot. How good do YOU have it? I mean REALLY....

And if you feel so led... pray. These are some things that have been on my heart....some people who have had a rough go of it and still manage... still give all the GLORY TO GOD and still put on a "happy" face when sometimes their world is crashing down around them...


Kelly's Korner ~ She and her husband struggled with infertility. She is very candid and seems like SUCH a beautiful person. They give all the glory to GOD for getting PG with their daughter, having a happy and healthy 9 months and their daughter Harper, was born one week ago. She has been in the NICU ever since. Kelly has yet to HOLD her DAUGHTER. The daughter God blessed her with. The miracle she carried around for 9 months. It looks like things are going to be just fine, but what an emotional rollercoaster. What a ride... and through it all... God is GOOD. ALL.THE.TIME.

At the same time and in a similar situation this girl Jenna and her hubby also struggled to get PG. Their son was born and has also spent the first week of his life in the NICU...I'm so glad that I have a faith that allows me to not to understand Almighty God but just to ACCEPT that His ways are best. That just because it doesn't make sense to me, doesn't matter. He has it ALL in HIS hands.


I love this blog. (Click Here) I have a hard time even getting my MIND around all the jewels this family will have on their crown in glory. One biological child, one domestic adopted child, two children they have been WAITING to adopt from Haiti (ever seen pics of Haiti? ever been more thankful for your own home?) and recently they took in a little girl who had to have surgery on her back. She will be going back to Haiti to her parents but for now they are a host family for her.


Don't take things for granted. Be thankful for right now. If you are not going through a trial right now, rest assured... one is headed your way. If you are... let me know. I'll pray. My GOD is big enough to handle it all.

1 comment:

Mama H said...

I love it...nice post. *WINK*