Thursday, January 15, 2009

It was worth it...

The time on my clock in my car when I arrived home last night from the airport... do I regret it this AM? Not even a LITTLE BIT!!! :) It was so worth it to spend the night with my BFF :) and welcome home our Heidi Bree!!!!Laura Jane made me DINNER!!! :) YUM YUM!!! WHO would have thought OJ, stuffing and BACON would go with chicken!? Not I that is for sure! :) But it came out tasty! Thanks babe!After dinner we got to work on "Welcome Home" signs for our girl and her boys!!! Oh what could this one be up to with those circles??? I LOVE her smile in this pic! She is UP to SOMETHING that is for sure!After we made signs we had plenty of time to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie.. since the plane wasn't coming in until 10:59PM ~ which, let's be honest... is 11PM. No matter how you look at it! :) Shadow was feeling VERY under the weather on Sunday night but she seems to be back to her "wenchy" self (As Laura Jane like to refer to her pooch! :) hee hee hee She snuggled up with me on the couch during part of the movie though and was a little angel....
Then is was off to welcome the girl who has grown accustom to 75-110 degree weather home. What better way than temps BELOW freezing. That is STINKIN' COLD people...
Waiting for her at the terminal!!!! Awwwwwwwww there SHE IS!!!!! Do you think her parents (fondly referred to as Mama and Papa (insert last name here) :) I think they could not be MORE thrilled to have their baby girl home with her two BABIES...
Clearly the littlest one remembers his Nana... she's only been away from him for a week and 1/2 of his life so far... Can we get a closer view of that sign Laura Jane made please??Hrrrmm... can you guess who's who!?!? :) The big boy who was SOOOOO good... people it was AFTER 11PM and look how handsome he's smiling!!!! :)Oh yeah...this one needs a nickname... I'm working on it...
I think if I could have them just like this I'd try to have a dozen... He was wet, had been traveling all day, was ROASTING hot getting ready to head out into the bitter cold and not a PEEP out of him except to "talk" to you. He literally DID NOT (and Heidi says... does not) CRY!

Let's not forget one of the other member who traveled home as well... and this one does even WANT to do cold... she is in for a RUDE awakening poor thing... introducing "Molly" :)
Oh I am SO happy to have my girl home... I also can't wait for that tan to fade so she can be just as pasty as the rest of us. :)Welcome home HB! I'm so happy you are back! I look forward to the memories we have waiting to be made!!!

5 comments:

TracyMichele said...

LOVE it. For the record.. I knew what L's poster was before she finished it! LOL. It scares me that my mind might work like hers. *giggle*

Welcome "HOME" HB.

Mama H said...

That's AWESOME!!! I still can't believe that you were out THAT late!!! WHOA!!!

PS...Shadow cracks me up. Tell her that Mooch said 'hello'. :)

Country Mouse said...

That's not nice Mama H... you know she'll start drooling!! :)

laurajane said...

I finally took the time to set up a new account to comment....one minute later I have an account!

MY poster was just charactures....(you COULD tell who was who, couldn't you?!?!) It was the joint effort that started getting a bit wild......welcome back Heidi!

heidiw said...

Thank you girls! Sorry this is a couple weeks later. I was so surprised and happy to see you and your beautiful artwork! This mean't more to me than you will ever know.

Love
HB