Sunday, July 17, 2011

Minnie-isms

The past week has been filled with fun fun and more FUN... (and a little work mixed in too) but things that I wanted to post just for posterity and so that I don't forget when she's 16 and driving me CRAZY :)

Last week we had a mini-heat wave and one of the days was up near 90... Husband and I decided on THAT particular day to take Minnie through the neighboring town to run all our piddly errands... you know, those errands when you have to just grab one thing at one store and then 2 things at the next?

At our local $1 store Minnie looked at me and said... "P00p"... I said... NAH... you've been with me and to be honest she's a bit dramatic about that particular bodily function... so I blew it off... buckled her back into her seat and went onto to "I should have bought it when I saw it..." She and I meandered the store for about 30-45 min. while Husband chatted it up with people he knew in the fishing section (surprise surprise) so as Minnie and I finished up and met back up with him she said to me again... "I p00ped!!!" I rolled my eyes to Husband and said, alright... I'll take her outside to walk around, you keep the cart, give me the keys to the car so in case I need to change her I'm all set....

I picked her up and IMMEDIATELY knew that I was feeling parts of her body that SHOULD have been covered by her diaper and were NOT...

I frantically looked up at him and said... SHE TOOK HER DIAPER OFF!!! He looked down at the now empty buggy and said... "SHE P00PED in the cart!!!" :)

It was at that point that I got a SERIOUS case of the "Church Giggles" when you KNOW you are not supposed to be giggling but you just cannot STOP yourself... I looked at Husband and said, I'm going out to change her... you check out...

I could NOT.STOP. LAUGHING. I was holding Minnie in such a way that I wouldn't get any MORE covered by her little treats and manged to get her to the back of my car which was of course covered in packages at all the gazillion stops we had already made :)

Husband made his way out to the parking lot and the 90 degree heat, and used about 15 wipes to clean up the mess.

Craziest thing ever.... there was not a STITCH of poo in Minnie's diaper. It was ALL in the buggy, on her skirt, and in the back of my car. Wow.

Lesson learned: listen to my 1 1/2 year old when she tells me... "I p00ped!" two stores before I actually pay attention :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember your ROYAL FLUSHES'S, he he he cd

Anonymous said...

I giggled all the way from "she removed her diaper" Priceless memories-so glad CD remembers too:)CM Hate to go thru those times by oneself!!!

capener said...

Oh my.... That is a great story.. She is the age we potty trained our kids... Especially our oldest.. as he was so vocal about it!! :) Glad Hubby got to check out! :)