Sunday, July 10, 2011

"Annual" Bloggers Unite

On Friday night I hosted our "Girls Only" blogger party... we can only REALLY all get together when one of us travels from her now home state of TN so sometimes it is once a year, and sometimes it is LESS often than that.

I look at this picture and it is CRAZY TO ME that one of us has had a brain aneurysm ~ and LIVED. One of us has struggled through 6 1/2 years of IF, and HAS A 19 month old. One of us will be a Momma for the 2nd TIME when her adoption goes through AND will survive BACK surgery in less than 2 days. One of us has lost a job and been blessed with multiple opportunities for work and has been offered her dream job. And one of us has suffered through a YEAR of unemployment and has succeeded in keeping and managing her household of 4 on a BUDGET and is here in "Northern New England" living on one of the most BEAUTIFUL lakes in the state starting her own business. CRAZY. God sure does bless our small group of gals!

It was family friendly...

and so much fun to have us all together for an evening...

Food, Family and Friends is what Husband prayed over and it was a beautiful time...

Minnie wasn't sure about sharing her special occasion ice cream with DC...

but she came around :)

and even shared with Daddy :)

Happy Girl! Outside, Friends, Ice Cream, Summer, Up past her bedtime... oh yeah

Speaking of happy... he is and he makes me... :) He wore this shirt just for Tracy and Laurie ~ and did I mention Minnie had a MATCHING one on earlier in the evening? (before she played in her pool) :)

She "claims" she had help finishing her ice cream... I know NOT of whom? she speaks :)

I am BLESSED to call these women friends... they encourage me, challenge me, pray for me and love me... right where I am. All.The.Time. I love you girls!

5 comments:

Mama H said...

I think Tracy should just move back so we can get together more often. *wink*

Now...back to reality...we all know that isn't happening! In the future, we really need to consider saving our $ and taking a girls trip down to see her for a weekend! How much fun would that be? I mean really...

Deanne said...

If you go, Mama H, I am TOTALLY crashing the trip. She IS my family, after all. Plus, I know how to get to her house. :)

TracyMichele said...

HAHAHA. I LOVE the idea! Love, love, love the idea! And yes - Deanne knows how to get right to my front door - which is ALWAYS open. (You know, because it is WARM there. hahaha.) No, I mean it is always open to friends and family.. and ocassionally a stranger or two. :)

Come on down, y'all!

TracyMichele said...

PS - do it soon. Ya never know where God is moving us. :)

capener said...

So can I crash the trip too and be the stranger part.. :) cause it sounds like fun to me... Actually if mr T makes the National Bible Bee this year.. we will be making a drive to TN in November! :)