Friday, October 14, 2022

Holiday Weekend: The WEEKEND Report

 Columbus Day Soccer Tournament. Husband and I joked that we used to drive by this traffic and think "SUCCKKK-AAAHHSS" but now... here we are... trying to find a parking spot in this chaos. But I guess the good news was we were ONLY at 1 field out of the 4 they have and it is about a mile from our house.. so there was a LOT of back and forth...


By Tuesday on my way to work it looked like this :)

ALL FOR THIS GIRL!

FIVE games in 2 days! They have 1-2 subs so she played/ran a TON!

and so did we :) but it was a GORGEOUS weekend to be outside. I mean unedited sky... SERIOUSLY SO BLUE!
Between games gals hung with friends (who had to go home and let THEIR puppies out)
and spray painted hair :)

Our last game on Saturday was supposed to be 4:20 so we had a chunk of time... Minnie had gone to watch her friends play on another field so I took the little sisters....

and a couple of Dads :) to hang at our house, have a snack and a break
By FAR MY MOST FAVORITE person I saw on Saturday AND SUNDAY at the field!
Soooooo happy to squeeze my girl and have quick visits! Love her so much!
Five games... two days.... GORGEOUS WEATHER...


Miss B has come a long way this season... and she has LOVED it!

I was just happy to have a chance to haul "the" Patagonia out :) hahahaha! I hate being chilly!

On Monday the weather was dreary, we were all happy to just hang out and lay low... Miss B and I watched Pride and Prejudice (she hadn't seen it and loved it!) Husband did some weed wacking and I attempted to mow the lawn between rain drops... As the afternoon wore on I realized that if I didn't get busy in the kitchen some things just would not happen before Thursday... So I tried a new recipe...

one pot = a win for me :) gals were "meh" about it...

and the golf boys are coming Thursday so Minnie and I got these pounded out...

with my bags in the freezer for the next time I see these two :)
On Sunday night I went to bed thinking YES! ONE MORE DAY OFF!!! Four day weekends are MY KINDA JAM :) Loved it!

No comments: