Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Post for Jen...

Poor SIL J struggles with dinner items because of picky JJ and all the things from childhood that he WILL.NOT.EAT. :) Tonight I made biscuits to go with our crock pot pot roast and I was reminded of a sweet treat that JJ DOES like from our childhood :) He made them often and I heard him say recently that he LOVES them... :) Just to tuck away for a cold rainy day Jen...

Mrs. W (i.e. Aunt Eleanor I think??)
preheat 400 degree oven

2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
3 heaping tbsp shortening

Add all ingred. above and cut together with two forks or a pastry blender ~ add and mix well
1 c milk

Flour everything your dough is going to touch and roll out thin

Here's where our variation comes in...
Spread LIBERALLY with margarine
sprinkle cinnamon
sprinkle (kinda heavy) brown sugar
Roll up and cut ~ place sideways on a cookie sheet

Bake for 7-15 min. (honestly, I forgot to set the timer and CountryMum's recipe doesn't say "for how long" :)

They are best served warm... you could make a glaze as well and that would be Delicious! :)

2 comments:

Mama H said...

YUM!! I always love bread/biscuits from the Mouse House!

JJ, J, CJ and L said...

THANK YOU! Jay does love them and tried to make them once but didn't have a recipe. I will have to surprise him and make them, maybe today! :)