Monday, October 18, 2010

Another one of those "Catch-up" Posts...

So there was talk of the blog not being "updated"... here's what's been going on... Husband worked 50+ hours last week and that was WITH Monday off so it made for long days of single mommin' it... HB I know that's NAH-THIN compared to what you've done, but for the girl who's USED to being married to a teacher...it's a lot :) couple that with those days when Minnie poo's up her BACK at 4:30 in the afternoon and you think to yourself, I'll just clean her up as best I can until after dinner when she'll get a tubby... to which she responds by peeing all over BOTH her shirts and when you strip her down thinking... it's ok... clean dipe and just throw SOMETHING on her....you stand her up and she wizzes ALL down her legs and all over the changing pad and at that point... she just gets thrown in the tub BEFORE dinner.... anyway.. I digress... it was a nutty week... and towards the end... she got sick for the first time in her 10 1/2 months... I am NOT.A.FAN. Post-nasal drip + teeth + cough = baby that doesn't sleep. Bleck.

So we went away this weekend....far far away to my PARADISE....partly for fun and partly for closure...
We all met at the cemetery around 1PM to bury Nannie and Grampa in their plot that Aunt Audrey gave them....It was cold, beautiful, special and tough....
but it makes me SO proud that this is where my family is from and I felt so privileged to be there this weekend...
It just ended up working out that J.T., The Dude and Dani had rented their timeshare for this particular weekend and offered us to stay with them. We headed up on Friday night and ended up getting there at just about the same time...Saturday AM the guys got up to head out bird hunting but not before they pretended to feed their girls breakfast... please note I said "pretended" :)
Seriously Dani, the CUTEST thing EVER...
Watching the Daddy's take off...couple more years ladies and you can go too!!
After the guys left J.T. and I watched the girls play and put them down for a nap. Thank you for small miracles of them sleeping at the same time so J.T. and I could both get showers and hang out chit chatting for a while before they woke up :)
We took them for a walk to the water... this is one larger cabins in the community... yeah. I wish. :)
Chilly AM but if you look close those cabins on the other side of the lake were where JJ, J and the boys stayed Saturday night... :)

When the guys got back they noticed some wildlife across the street from the cabin... see her? :) Husband only WISHES that he gets this close in just a couple of weeks... Sorry Aunt Audrey :)
On Saturday night we all met up for dinner together... this kid cracks me up. He asked for my lemon and was eating it happily... then I said... make a funny face like it tastes bad and this is what I got :) Love him :)
The more "seasoned" crowd at the other end of the table..
My "date"....
It's all fun and games...
until you try and get a decent picture of these two :)
One of my FAVORITE pictures from the WHOLE weekend...
Silly Mommy
The whole crew... that's Country Dad's cousin and his wife with Aunt Audrey, (Grampa's sister) down there at the far end of the table...When we got back to the Dude and J.T.'s pad it was TUBBY TIME!!! I'm sure they will LOVE us for this when they are about 15/16 right? :)
Minnie had a BLAST and I don't think Dani had ANY idea what to make of her... :)
Early mornings when you have a sleep over with Minnie... but how cute is Dani?? :)
My OTHER favorite picture from the weekend... you wouldn't know from this pic that she's under the weather, had been up coughing two nights in a row, not napped well and had her nose wiped about 25,634 times...
Bumper cars...

We headed out of the cabin around 10:30 to meet up at Aunt Audrey's house... not a bad view from her yard huh? :) I LOVE this place have I MENTIONED that?? :)


I love how Minnie likes to PLAY coy... like I don't know you???
oh... but she does and she LOVES Aunt Audrey :) what's not to love? :)
Always an amazing time in my favorite place on earth. I told Husband on the way home I can't describe how much I LOVE it up there... and it definitely bothers me that it is becoming more and more commercialized... :( I can understand why but I just want to swoop in and protect it, my families heritage and put it into a little bubble that you have to have the password to get into :)

1 comment:

Mama H said...

SOOO FUN! I love Minnie's winter coat! It's adorable! I love the color!