Friday, October 22, 2010

Unfinished Business...

1) You may (or probably not) be wondering ~ How'd the "No Spend Month" end up? How'd we do? Was it successful?
For me, it was a range of emotions and thoughts throughout the month... until about 1/2 way through I had seriously feelings of "entitlement" like I deserved things and why NOT buy them... uh.... because I have WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH as it IS!?!? (and I'm not speaking of the toilet paper shortage. That WAS in fact a JOKE friends :) As the month wore on though it became more and more interesting to see what I could substitute for what we were out of (cloth napkins for paper). I also found that we went through WAY more flour and sugar than we EVER do because I was baking more and making more bread.
It was also interesting to see our friends and families reactions ~ from "I could NEVER do THAT" to "we are going to adapt a portion of what you guys did from now until Christmas to really try and cut back"
Husband and I have yet to really sit down and go through the receipts for last month and compare them to last May (we figured we'd compare the bank statement from before the summer and our three month VACATION ~ side note: oh sweet summer how I miss you) and see how we really felt we did. We are both certain it is just the grocery trips and the Wal*Mart which we already knew going into No Spend Month but just as soon as we get a few spare minutes alone together we have plans to go over it.
2) I wanted to post regarding the comments in my Please Weigh in and Comment post ~ your opinions did not go ignored :)
I'm now a FIRM believer in Falsies Mascara thank you VERY much GA and HB

I gave the Magic Erasers another whirl and while I do think they miraculously take scuff marks off my walls and doors they also take off the finish. I tried them again on my gas stove and wasn't thrilled and they took way more elbow grease than I was willing to exert on my shower. Grrrr....

I was however PSYCHED with the cream of tarter pointer Tracy Michele and since I can buy that crazy cheap at our local "Family Store" (The Apple one for those of you around here) I will continue to use that.

This week I did run out of hand soap at the kitchen sink and purchased a Mrs. Meyers. Love it. When the bubble bath runs out of the downstairs bath I will replace that with a Mrs. Meyers as well. Big fan.

Still haven't made a trip to the "big city" to replace my body lotion but have plans to do that this weekend... the drier weather is making my legs scary and really there is nothing as good as the Bath and Body Lay it On Thick. I miss it.

Whoever commented about the not shaving biz...sorry. Not an option. LJC has tried to convince me for YEARS to give it up and I'm just NOT GOING THERE :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you go to the Big City. I would love to watch you shop:) Or, you can wait until our road trip Nov. 13th then we can have a sniffing party together.

xoxox
LJC