Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Thoughts...on Saturday night...

....there are a million things running through my mind to blog about... to actually TAKE the time to type out, share my mind and blog about... here's a glimpse into what is swirling around...

my friends are in Haiti. That in and of itself is NUTS to me... crazy to me. But crazier...they are meeting their children for the first time. They have claimed these two kids as their own, love them ALREADY and have met them for the first time in the past couple of days...crazy. Amazing and crazy.

other friends are waiting... waiting to find out who God has hand-picked to be the new addition to THEIR family... they are doing the sitting and waiting... they have done the paper work, the interviews, paid the $$ and have to wait... for a birth mom to pick them based on a book that they put together of pictures and letters... the birth mom doesn't get to know that Mama H would MUCKLE onto her with a big 'ol squeeze if she could or that Papa H would fist it up with her one time until one actually picks them...

there are several girls in my Bible Study group who are adopting children from Haiti as well and the adoption craze seems to be taking over like WILDFIRE. I love it. I love that all my FRIENDS are doing it... :)
then I read this blog...click HERE

and the part I love the most... is that Minnie is not going to know ANY DIFFERENT. Minnie is going to grow up in a home where she is perhaps the only child, or perhaps has a sibling that is the same color as her with the same parents as her... but she... will be a minority. The friends that she hangs out with, that she spends time with and that we allow to influence her life... will be of another color. And the fact that she more than likely will not have any colored brothers or sisters... will make HER a minority. And I LOVE.THAT!
I LOVE that she will grow up not seeing color or race and that the gap that seems to still be here in Northern New England... will be bridged a little more because of decisions my friends are making in following God and doing what HE says. I am thankful.

1 comment:

Mama H said...

Love it...great post, my friend...and I love how you integrated her WILD AND CRAZY HAIR into this post...perfect timing!