Monday, July 16, 2012

In the meantime....

The heat is rising...the belly is getting bigger (as IF it is even POSSIBLE, yet somehow it happens)...and the Husband is growing 12...as in TWELVE kidney stones. Remember THESE POSTS? Yeah... we are back there again... Poor guy is dealing with SERIOUS pain this time because he has FOUR of them "stuck" ~ one of which is the size of a DIME... Surgery scheduled for tomorrow to put in a stent and bump the four "stuck" stones back into his kidney and hopefully dislodge and collect the other stones that are in there so they all collect nicely and he can have another lithotripsy to blast them all at a later date. Like a week before I'm set to have his 2nd child. Yeah. He'll need another lithotripsy surgery on the other side and perhaps even one more if they don't get them all the first two times. That's a lot of going "under" :(

The timing of everything is a little bit stressing me out... because I need my partner... I HATE that he is in pain and just not feeling like himself. The guy does NOT complain (we are talking about a guy walking around needing a double hip replacement and you'd NEVER know) and I just want him to feel like he's in tip top shape...It's a lot... PG/grouchy/hot/uncomfortable/nesting ALMOST 36 week PG wife, a 2 1/2 year old who keeps getting shuffled around and pain from kidney stones that most people say is WORSE than labor... (for those women who have gone through both...)

Minnie is for SURE picking up on the fact that things are ah changin'. She has been busy with fun things and we are SO thankful for good friends and family that will take her at the drop of a hat but that's not what is "normal" to her and we are starting to see the repercussions. She really IS a gem about getting dropped off places and more often than not actually CRIES when we come to PICK HER UP (nothin' like makin' a Mama feel good) but she is acting out a bit when we get home and really needing extra "Mom-Time". Trying to be sensitive to that while dealing with 40 extra lbs, no sleep and 90 degree heat and humidity is challenging to say the least...

On the "up-side"... Husband and I met with Pam today. My RN that delivered Minnie since she gives private childbirth classes in her home. I really just felt like I needed a "review" since we took Hypnobirthing the first go-round and I feel like it worked SO well for us. She was a HUGE supporter of that and gave us some great tips for this time around just IN CASE she isn't there with us. Course remember MY "plan" of the 9th and 10th... yeah... she's working on those days :) Now to just SURVIVE until then :)

I feel like this is what happens to every PG girl right there towards the end... I don't think that I'm unlike many that have gone before me :) All your best laid plans of TRYING to get things done ahead of time, ducks in a row and then relaxing and cleaning and anticipating the arrival of your new miracle sort of ALL GO OUT THE WINDOW for one unforeseen circumstance or another. Therefore... you just gotta roll with it... trust the ONE who has MY best interest in mind and knows that I CAN'T handle it all on my own so I MUST rely on Him. Lord knows I'm in WAY over my head right now....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me cry cd

capener said...

Oh NO.. Praying for all 4 of you..... for comfort and peace and that HIS timing for all of these things will fall into place in no time!... Give a shout out if we can help out in anyway..... meals or childcare or anything!!!

TracyMichele said...

He may let you bend but He won't let you break. :) Wish I could be there to help out - cooking meals, playing with the little one, annoying your husband with my generally sarcastic self. <3

And for the record, I would give birth every day of the year if it meant I didn't have to endure one second of a kidney stone again. I've done both and you have definitely got the better end of the deal (don't tell Husband I said that!).

Sending love and prayers to all the members of my favorite mouse house. <3 <3