Friday, July 6, 2012

Miss B ~ 34 Weeks and 1 Day and the Emotions are ON THE LOOSE

Net weight gain/loss: Up 38 lbs according to Doc

Maternity clothes: Uh... yah

Stretch marks: Yes

Belly button: OUT but might be flattening a bit??

Sleep: In 1.5 hour increments from 10PM until 6:30AM

Baby movement: Yes and I LOVE it! Interesting that this little girl likes to have her behind shoved right out... course I'll take THAT over Minnie and her jammed up foot in my ribs ANY day :)

Food cravings: Still with the berries and lemonade...

Food aversions: Mexican and fries in my oven

What I miss: my "cute" Athleta bathing suit, being comfortable and my AE Jeans :) SLEEP

Looking forward to: What happened this week (7/5) at the Docs:  Remember this?? JUST LAST WEEK?? On Monday before we left for the ocean I had an U/S and the tech was, in my opinion, not great. She did ANOTHER measurement and they are only supposed to be done once every 2 weeks at the MOST... For some reason the numbers were not in the system from the appt 5 days previous and she had orders to do them... she came out with Miss B at 6lbs 5oz and in the 85% (up from the 69% just a few days before!)... Husband and I left that appt and basically just wrote it off... we knew it was too soon and we weren't psyched with the tech... fast forward 3 days and I head to the big city on Thurs AM for another U/S, RN visit with a Loretta appt to finish it off...

I had one of my prefered U/S techs and I noticed that she TOO was doing measurements... though this time just of my girl's belly... typically it is a head/belly/femur measurement... as soon as my RN came in I started questioning and she was confused too... and then told me that the measurements today showed Miss B in the 91%...Estimated weight of 7lbs 1oz. I BURST into tears. With Minnie I was told from the get-go that once the baby of a diabetic gets to the 90% that they give you a C-Section... something I am 1) afraid of 2) not interested in and 3) AFRAID OF. This is two weeks earlier than Minnie... and what I'm REALLY not understanding is WHY they did a measurement check just 5 days after the last one...

My RN went to get my Doc and the two of them assured me that I am doing everything just right...I assured the DOC he is NOT.CUTTING.ME.OPEN. They both said I have a lot of factors going into my baby girl's size... Husband and I are both tall and come from tall families so I do have to factor in genetics...and that my sugar control has been great...

Loretta was also confused with the measurement check and told me that in no uncertain terms... if ANYONE said my baby was big because of my blood sugars it was simply NOT TRUE. My A1C actually had come down to 6.1 this month and that was after a week of VACATION!!!

So.... another U/S on Monday and I'll be interested to see if someone tries to measure her YET AGAIN...but I have to just come to the peace that she is healthy, I am doing the very best that I can and she'll come out how she comes out WHEN she comes out...

In other news... my BP was 102/60, Miss B scored 8/8 on all her tricks, her heart rate was 142 and she IS pretty cute... if I do say so myself :)

2 comments:

capener said...

Praying for you and Miss B.... Praying for peace and comfort and no C section!!!...... May you all continue to be healthy and continue the amazing job that you DO.. to maintain your sugars !!!

Mama H said...

PQ says: Aaaaawww...she has chubby cheeks! She's going to be soooooo cute!