Sunday, July 1, 2012

Annual 4th of July Camping Trip ~ Wuv..True..Wuv

When I think of all the pieces that went into making sure the 34 Weeks PG girl was HAPPY during our annual trip, I get overwhelmemed to TEARS...Fletch and her hubby SHARED their camper and spent loads of time going over everything with Husband, BIL L BOUGHT a trailer hitch so we could take the boat and he said he'd tow it... GREAT friends, AWESOME family and the BEST Husband a gal could ask for...

 makes camping ALMOST bearable :) the "early" crew went up again this year to get camp set up...
 "helpers"... :) taking a frozen juice box break...
 the gals... Chloe-Belle eating the boys catch of the day...
 see... :)
 and pretty much how I TRIED to stay :) when we were not hanging at the beach...
 Does this technically count as Baby Sister's 1st camping trip? :)

On Saturday I went with Husband, ALL the kiddies and BIL L for a boat ride / fishing trip... last year Minnie cried the ENTIRE time..(I guess... I dunno since I was laying by the beach :)
 this time... other than THIS "kid"....
she was the only daredevil to jump OFF the boat in the middle of the lake :) I can't say that she LOVED it like she LOVES jumping into TiTi's pool but she did it and had fun... I think the free-fall being that much longer gave her a little ruckus...
 headed back to shore...
 for some lunch and H2O... and then this one headed back to the camper for a nap :)
 while these guys got silly :)

and here's where the TRUE LOVE comes in... the guy wanted NOTHING to do with the whole potty business of the camper but he took it on like a TROOPER and I was SOOOO thankful 6 times a night...this is NOT a job for the weak OR the tenter at heart :)
 but he is my STUD and he ALWAYS comes through for me... I am a blessed girl...
 the infamous signs of a GREAT camping trip... powdered sugar covered nap...
  skunned up, bug-bitten legs...
 and BLACK DIRTY feet... :)
It was not my favorite camping trip of all time... running to the bathroom a gazillion times a day (and night), not being able to move like I want or lay on my belly and sun myself with my SILs but it was DEF. a managable trip with a bed, potty and great family to take care of me, Minnie and TRY to make me as comfy as possible :) I have NOTHING to complain about :)

2 comments:

Mama H said...

Aaaah! So fun. I love the dirty feet pic...and Chloe-bell eating the catch of the day is priceless. She as always been the foodie! So glad you had fun! T-minus how many days until little mouse joins in on the fun?!?!?

Country Mouse said...

Mama H... 5 weeks and counting...