Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MORE than BLESSED....The Family / Friends Shower...

Over-whelmed doesn't even BEGIN to describe how I felt on Saturday. In fact... I haven't stopped crying since... it doesn't matter if you give me good news or bad... I can dial these tears right up :) I was SO SO SO blessed by the shower that was given to me by my sweet sweet sister in laws... I honestly could not be related to three more DIFFERENT people :) but they are absolutely ALL perfect to me in their own ways... I love you all! Note just the simple fact that the colors they used were lime green and magenta... honestly... it's the little details that make you know people love you :) My helper for this shower was the other "little" one... and she did a FANTASTIC job... I didn't have to barely bend over at ALL :) And there's Bets following yet again the STRICT instructions of "do NOT leave my side" :) even though I kept turning the presents and whom they were from away from HER side... whoopsie :) sorry 'bout that Bets :) We (the kiddies) have a little "thing" with Husband that they like to call him a monkey... running family joke so you can be assured there were MONKEY presents abounding from his two sisters and all the kiddies :) J.T. gave the "wooden spoon" gag gift... but I say... nothing funny about discipline :) Gotta do it :)
You should be able to make this pic bigger...CountryMum gave me a sweater she made for Minnie to wear home from the hospital as well as the outfit that was made for ME by my great grandmother as a keepsake. I couldn't resist the faces on Ant Beth and Bets :)
Mrs. P came...for a quick minute... but I'm pretty sure that she hugged everyone in the room :) I honestly LOVE LOVE LOVE this lady... I can't tell you how much. I know the pic is kinda silly but I'm SO happy that Glory caught it :)
MIL made this fun little sweater for Minnie and I can't WAIT for her to wear it with some sassy jeans :) I asked her to do this particular sweater in that chocolate brown before we knew that Minnie was a Minnie :) I LOVE the girlie details :)
There will be a better pic of this later once Husband and I decide where it is going. (I kinda wanted it in the nursery but we both kinda want it out and about where EVERYONE will see it in our home) Mama Sunshine got "bratty" CountryMouse LAST week when I said "I thought that you gave things made out of WOOD" :) Because she is SO talented... once I do the big reveal... I'll show you a better pic but I'm PSYCHED to have an S Family "piece" in my very own home...
This HAD to be one of my favorites...I had NO idea that Laura Jane was this creative....and she, as my BFF knows me SO well that she got me my diaper bag... I like to coordinate and organize... hard to do without MY DIAPER bag :) Laura Jane... it is already starting to fill up :) :) THANK YOU for aiding in my sickness :)
ahh....the ENDLESS BAG... I wish I had a picture of the sisters who just LOVE to give...
by the end of the bag I was pretty sure I couldn't breathe from all the stuff on my lap...."Auntie" is TOO much...
I just want you all to see how PSYCHED I am about my CLOTH DIPES :) I really really REALLY wanted these and SIL L, Bets and MIL pitched in to get me started... I'M SURE that the whole changing dirty pants will get old soon but right now... they are still SOOOO CUTE :)
and if you thought the "bag 'o fun" that never ended was crazy... SIL L's MIL (Auntie's Sister) filled this TOTE!!!!! Minnie HONESTLY should want for NOTHING material... until she's MAYBE 16 and starts thinking about wanting to drive... the girl is SPOILED already!!
ah... another "monkey"... bring on the Bobby Jack snowsuit to wear home from the hospital :)
Jess, this is for you... the record kinda skipped when I said "ooooo it's baby crack!!!" :) as H.B. and I fondly refer to Baby Einstein... :) whoopsie. Maybe that's something that's only funny with your girlfriends and those that have had children?? :) Ah well.. I got the snicker from the back of the room (Heidi) :) and I'm PSYCHED to have this...it ought to buy me at LEAST 10 min. of a nap for MYSELF right? :)
JJ, J, CJ and Ho-han went WAY overboard by getting us the pack 'n play we registered for...but the best part was... J didn't take it off my registry because she knows I'm a snoop and she was HOPING someone else would have purchased it JUST so I would have to return one of them and she'd be able to say "SEE THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T SNOOP!!" :) hee hee hee... every time I start thinking about it I start giggling :) She knows me TOO well :)
Def. another favorite... I ALWAYS wanted my VERY own DIAPER cake and not only did I get it but it was brought to my shower by Husband's cousins that traveled THREE HOURS.... ONE WAY.... to bring it to me... seriously... how much are we LOVED?
Jessie brought me a prezzie just for me... I am now the proud owner of size MOOSE sneaks :) pretty soon they are going to be the only thing I can cram my hoof into :)
and now...for the out-takes... I do love that H.B. is looking down and I'm pretty sure this when I asked Sky if she thought anyone could GET bigger hair than ME and she said NO... as she STARED at H.B.'s hair... :) there we go.... :) I do LOVE my girls :)
Glory was my FANTASTIC and SO MUCH APPRECIATED photographer... all the pics above are courtesy of her and THIS time I GOT to have my pic taken with her :) And lookie who else was there... Nannie T!!! :) She doesn't like crowds, she doesn't like to go anywhere and she braved BOTH to be with ME at my pah-ty.... I.AM.SPOILED. I could not BELIEVE she was there and I was BLOWN AWAY :) SOOOOOO HAPPY!
Lookie who else showed up at the end... that's Sky by the way...Ho-han was there the whole time I just didn't my paws on him until the end :)
and the reality of what I brought home...
hence the reason these three are sitting and WORKING on my floor....
and look who popped in for a visit on their way to trick 'or treat?? Doesn't take him long to 1) get the "tars" out and 2) suck her into playing with him... :)
I don't think she minded :)
and when this one woke up... she didn't play favorites... she played with him too :)

...and because it's ME and I would HATE for you to think that I LEFT my house like that... proof... from Monday AM as I headed out the door to work...



Phew... I feel better... do you? :)

I honestly could not BELIEVE the sacrifices people made to be at our baby shower... the cousins who drove 3+ hours one way, the Mom's who skipped out on their kids soccer games, people I don't even know that sent gifts with Husband's family, the friends who kept secrets even with me hounding them :) CountryMum for hosting it at her house, friends that came to BOTH my church shower AND my family/friend shower, mail that came from CA just so I could open it at my shower, CountryDad for parking cars, and my sweet sweet SIL's for putting it all together... I'm over-whelmed with gratitude, thanks, and feeling very much LOVED....Minnie is SO lucky to come into this circle of family and friends that Husband and I have around us...

3 comments:

Mama H said...

HOLY COW!! You weren't kidding, were you??? WOW!! Lots of stuff!! SOOOOO FUN!!!

mykids4hisglory said...

Great pics...hehe...
I do have to say though...I thought I wasn't wearing a shirt in the picture of us...I had to enlarge it...I actually thought, "Hm, maybe that shirt was a little low cut? It's showing more than I'd like!" LOL!

Momma S said...

Great pics! It was a fun shower. Are you sure you have enough cloths??? lol!