Friday, November 20, 2009

9 Months Ago...

"Technically" seven months ago... on April 3, 2009 I didn't blog about what we did that night... I blogged about what we'd done a few nights before that (come on, you all love the pics of MuffinMan!) But what ACTUALLY happened that night... was this....

We had invited J.T. and The Dude over for MEXICAN :) We love hanging out with these two and we LOVE Mexican :) When we get together with this couple there is NO shortage in conversation. We all end up talking over each other at dinner and just having the BEST time. We all just genuinely love chit chatting and look forward to our time together SO much.

Well, Husband and I had found out just DAYS before that we were UNEXPECTEDLY EXPECTING :) and were over the moon! We had not told ANYONE. NO ONE. Nor did we PLAN on telling anyone... we wanted to make sure that things were ok and we def. wanted to make sure we got a confirming U/S which was scheduled for early that next week...

Husband and I schemed about my beverage of choice (there were no margaritas) so that I could already be sipping on something before they got there (water I think? :) and when J.T. came in I apologized for no margaritas with the Mexican but told her I had wine if she would like a glass... she looked at me and said...

"um... I'm actually not going to drink... for the next 9 months or so..." :)

I caught on IMMEDIATELY and started yelling and hugging her and the exact words out my mouth were "you have NO IDEA how HAPPY I AM!" :)

and then it got quiet... I was trying to talk in body language and CODE to Husband to get him to agree to tell our friends without J.T. and the Dude figuring out what was going on. I was kicking him under the table I was ALL CONSUMED with wanting to tell them OUR NEWS. Husband kept responding with "it's up to you"... uh... NO IT ISN'T!!!

Dinner was AWKWARD to say the LEAST! It was quiet, tense, and stressful. J.T. and The Dude knew what we had been going through for the past year and 1/2 to try and get PG and she was thinking that I was upset and sad (of course!) even though she knew that I was happy for them!

After dinner, that literally we just barely managed through, Husband helped me clear the dinner table and I caught a quiet word with him at the sink. He said, "it's ok. we can" :) So I sat back down at the table and made a comment about her due date... sometime mid-November and then I can't remember exactly but I made a funny comment about twins... Then I looked at Husband and said... "Well, we should know at our U/S on Wednesday, if WE are having twins..." and I looked back at J.T. :)

She JUMPED UP from her chair, came running over to me hugging me and YELLING at me at the same time because she was SO MAD THAT WE HADN'T SAID ANYTHING right away!!!! and because dinner was SO awkward and she TOTALLY thought I was upset... uh... nope. Just trying to talk to my Husband in CODE and finally getting a definitive answer out of him...

We spent the rest of the night dreaming, chatting, and unable to believe that we were PG TOGETHER 31 years after our own mothers were PG with US at the same time.... :) It was the BEST night...

This past Tuesday night we had Mexican again... for probably the last time before ONE of us pops out a child.... we reminised about that night 7 months ago and as is the "norm" chatted non-stop all during dinner...

We have ridden an amazing journey together and I'm SO thankful for how God's timing worked it all out for us to do it for the 1st time as couples together. SO fun!

1 comment: